Coursing Bred

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any pups you breed will sell for loads especially if you just put a load of random names like Fred x Suzy out of Hopkins slider bred out the original ball buster dog  No one will question you for

it is definitely the way forward if you wont something you for a bit of every thing and can stay running all night and day coursing blood is the way to go my dog i run now out of my old dog will take

Collie bull greyhound

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, two crows said:

i asked you what you thought the negatives were on the troy thread and got no response I personally don't see any.

Well ill tell ya what ive seen some overrun stuff and wait for mistakes especially if used for more than hares and some ive seen struggle to hold condition and wieght eich is why i no longer have straight coursing dogs. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

it is definitely the way forward if you wont something you for a bit of every thing and can stay running all night and day coursing blood is the way to go my dog i run now out of my old dog will take any thing and is strong as a bull 

Screenshot_20181118-085805.png

Lovely dog looks the bollox 

18 hours ago, bendrover said:

They can read what's ahead of them . Have good feet . And some can hunt up as good as most

and plenty of stamina , put that  with drop of pit , or collie    you get very useful  hunting dog day and night , the pit x grey x salukis x grey  seems another good x . i knew bloke in the 80s  who had saluki x grey x collie x grey , big  28in 75lb   dog  Tip, took loads of rabbits, killed  few foxes  , and few munchack  , and few hares in the day, everything solo . drop of coursing blood deff helps any lurcher line , same as drop of pit, or collie, gsd , in the mix , all good hybrid  vigour  as they say .

4 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

some have poor coats and breeding best to best with catching only in mind has left some with iffy temperaments.

think there's far far more positives personally ?

thats where the other breeds can iron few things out above , but suppose its a gamble when you out cross to other type dogs , you really never know what you get in each pup, but it worth the risk to get other qualities  of the coursing dog .

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Well ill tell ya what ive seen some overrun stuff and wait for mistakes especially if used for more than hares and some ive seen struggle to hold condition and wieght eich is why i no longer have straight coursing dogs. 

fair does, what do you have as opposed to straight coursing dogs, mate I still feel its a far better option to put over say an f1 type lurcher to pep it up, than going back to a greyhound.

• Like 2

feck going back ta greys rarther yas breed ta a good herding type that gives leg in its offspring ,or a fast f1 type base bred jukel there's lots that seem ta feel they need tons a speed yas don't mooching shining a jukel with just enough with a good brain will adapcatch just has much if not more over time ,they just usually need lots more stuff put in front of them, ta get them firing right .atb bill

13 minutes ago, wuz said:

i like coursing bred in a dog you have a chance on owt that dose not pick its runs but some will not come back 

I think if have heavily saturated saluki type bond well as a Pup never be too harsh with it and you won’t have any trouble with re call a lot af saluki types have numerous homes that’s why bad re call.

• Like 4