Health and Fitness

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am in my 60s ,quite strong 6ft 2 in , 12st 7 lb ,but my back is f****d from all the shagging .....oh hang on ,that not me that's Ray .

I was with the mrs on holiday once and we were walking along the cliffs and some runners came along and I said look at the daft fookers killing them selves but really I was jealous as I hung off the g

Vince Gironda the iron guru  was way ahead of his time. I've done keto diets and it does work but I've had the best consistent results from eating clean and tracking my calories and planning my meals

Posted Images

Lad's I'm the wrong side of forty.. 5'9 12st with half a foot of black podding curled up.

I've got the odd creaky joint.. no lifting happening,  so i took up a bit of running but mainly cycling.

I like to live the good (indulgent) life, beers and the like .. but, as you get older you've got to off-set this.

The Strava  App is ace lads for motivation. You can download it for free. Race your mates ln segments.Track your rides, speed.. distance and calories etc. 

Born H. As a cyclists.. it's generally regarded as a fair achievement to cycle from my area to Skeg!?

I did it this summer. 81 miles, 4hr 37 mins moving time.

Next is the 100 miles in a day. Route is already sorted. Start at Tuxford through, following mostly the Witham, to Boston. And back.

Give your engine a blow out lads? Get on Strava..

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Lad's I'm the wrong side of forty.. 5'9 12st with half a foot of black podding curled up.

I've got the odd creaky joint.. no lifting happening,  so i took up a bit of running but mainly cycling.

I like to live the good (indulgent) life, beers and the like .. but, as you get older you've got to off-set this.

The Strava  App is ace lads for motivation. You can download it for free. Race your mates ln segments.Track your rides, speed.. distance and calories etc. 

Born H. As a cyclists.. it's generally regarded as a fair achievement to cycle from my area to Skeg!?

I did it this summer. 81 miles, 4hr 37 mins moving time.

Next is the 100 miles in a day. Route is already sorted. Start at Tuxford through, following mostly the Witham, to Boston. And back.

Give your engine a blow out lads? Get on Strava..

Fairplay to ye b.r, what kind bike ye got?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Francie said:

Fairplay to ye b.r, what kind bike ye got?

Cheers Francie?I did that on my road bike mate. Mid range bike i suppose it is. Carbon frame. Good thing is you can swap the tyres to somthing heavier duty, beef them up if you want to ride a few tow paths or the like. 

There are lad's local to me that have got to the coast, turned around and rode straight home, same day! Obviously we've all got different levels of fitness.

Massive buzz though and sense of achievement. I get that even after a 20 odd mile ride! I'm fully paid up for the year at a gym by the way, i can't stand plodding away on stationery bike or tredmill. Fcuk that game. Pays for itself swimming with the kids mind. 

Yes, cycling gives the old ticker a decent blast out and gets some fresh air in the lungs for me?

Screenshot_20181102_070914.jpg.1a1c5202d45d0a8bd7b0162a991107aa.jpg

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cheers Francie?I did that on my road bike mate. Mid range bike i suppose it is. Carbon frame. Good thing is you can swap the tyres to somthing heavier duty, beef them up if you want to ride a few tow paths or the like. 

There are lad's local to me that have got to the coast, turned around and rode straight home, same day! Obviously we've all got different levels of fitness.

Massive buzz though and sense of achievement. I get that even after a 20 odd mile ride! I'm fully paid up for the year at a gym by the way, i can't stand plodding away on stationery bike or tredmill. Fcuk that game. Pays for itself swimming with the kids mind. 

Yes, cycling gives the old ticker a decent blast out and gets some fresh air in the lungs for me?

So your one of those silly old fecks in lycra that gets in every ones way then?..??..

11 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Thats a good bit of cycling b.r, theres some good bikrs om the market, i hada a suspension bike, pure dung for long cycles, got a giant talon now, some difference, keep the fitness up pal, atb

• Like 2

I was with the mrs on holiday once and we were walking along the cliffs and some runners came along and I said look at the daft fookers killing them selves but really I was jealous as I hung off the gate with me 10 chins and more spare tyres than dunlop. So i started running well crawling. Couldn't run for 3 minutes solid to start but two years later ran 50  miles. Ran for few years cycled to work for a couple and now on weights coming upto 50. Torn a groin muscle which is hold me back called a sport hernia which is a pain. Tell you what a healthy diet fooks the old gut lol. I used to be able to double cheese burgers and drink guiness all day but now a bowl of porridge stuffs me up haha

But want to keep fit as i can long as i can that is the plan

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, terryd said:

I was with the mrs on holiday once and we were walking along the cliffs and some runners came along and I said look at the daft fookers killing them selves but really I was jealous as I hung off the gate with me 10 chins and more spare tyres than dunlop. So i started running well crawling. Couldn't run for 3 minutes solid to start but two years later ran 50  miles. Ran for few years cycled to work for a couple and now on weights coming upto 50. Torn a groin muscle which is hold me back called a sport hernia which is a pain. Tell you what a healthy diet fooks the old gut lol. I used to be able to double cheese burgers and drink guiness all day but now a bowl of porridge stuffs me up haha

But want to keep fit as i can long as i can that is the plan

Mate, that's a really good story. :good:

I’ve never been to a gym or gone running . I probably eat the wrong things , for example I like a full English breakfast, roast dinners and fatty lamb chops . I’m probably a ticking time bomb . However my job and digging keep me active . I notice when I’m walking up hills with the beaters on shoot days how fit I am in comparison to some of the beaters who are a lot younger than me and should be flying up these hills . I don’t smoke and rarely drink , so maybe there is hope for me . But I promise you that I will never wear Lycra , I’d sooner be in an early grave than be a “MAMIL” ( middle aged man in Lycra) . 

I really struggle with will power. Drink way more than i should do. I do manage to keep this just to weekends though usually so not all bad. 

Had a heavy couple of days/ nights on a stag do in Newcastle last weekend and stayed the week with my mrs and girls in County Durham. Loads of eating out and fair few drinks and I'm definitely felling it now! Can't wait to get back in that lycra this afternoon!,!?

Fair play to you lad's that are doing a bit and not letting yourselves go?.. it's so easy not to!!

1262138.jpg.e22bb26ea447519723ab0b2cee1b3ad5.jpg

Saturated fat? High

Protein? Moderate

Low carb/none?

Intermitent fasting?

An some discipline, an the fat will literally fall of you, but still build muscle.

Steak an eggs twice  a day, oohhh me mouts watering.

Check out vince gironda, natural bodybuilder, taught arnold reeves etc

• Like 2
On 01/11/2018 at 17:08, mushroom said:

Go to the gym, walk up and down mountains, always out and about, volleyball, skating, eat well and often, masturbate six times a day, nob a bird thrice a day, kick fuuck out of the dog several times a day, chase the fuucking cat for scratching my new sofa around the house.... you know lads, the usual. To keep my mind active I argue with my 16 year old daughter several times a day, everyday ;)

Sounds good but get rid of the cat. Fcuking horrible creatures that will raise your stress levels, therefore effecting your cardio and over all health. Try reducing your wanking back to 5 times and increase knobbing a bird to 4 times. It will make yourself feel good in yourself by sharing the pleasure. We all feel more content in ourselves if we are helping other people's happiness.?

• Like 1

I'm blocklaying every day but would like to go to gym and lift weights but I find myself drained after a hard days work which is probably counter productive which would waste muscle rather than build. Upper body strength is pretty good from laying blocks but it doesn't do much for cardio. Something like cycling would suit me better for lower body strength and gaining wind. Occupation is probably a big factor that people ignore. A guy that served his time with me turned into a gymn bunny but after a year he never got bigger. I was still able to bench 30 percent more than him without ever training. He was eating ok but partying hard at weekends and those 5 days in the gym done absolutely nothing for him only fatigue for the job he was in. I asked a guy for advice on gym work before and he bluntly said take steroids and you can do 12 months work in 12 days. Not really the answer I wanted!