I was once told bulldogs and bulldogs only 

luckily I have an endless supply source and manage to make them last a while  

1 hour ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

Welder / fabricator will make a decent set, last a life time 

If I’m honest I prefer the bulldog to anything I’ve seen fabricated, grafters are a different story though.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Bulldog for me.... Decent long handled graft and a sharptooth will see you right 👍

All the digging tools you’ll (hopefully) ever need. Lol.

• Like 1

The ones in your picture are just the job. Round mouth and a graft for the edges. Then a heavy graft and a sharp tooth, all you need. If your working on a banking, a mattock is a great tool to level off as well, also good working around roots under a tree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Who said:

Ones that dont break 😬😂😂

Even the wooden shaft shovels last a lifetime, these lads breaking shovels are just using them wrong.

• Like 3

I agree. Was taking piss out of me mate. Another gone this morning😬 id ban him but means id have to do it all 

5 hours ago, rob284 said:

Even the wooden shaft shovels last a lifetime, these lads breaking shovels are just using them wrong.

Got to disagree with that one Rob, the wood ones soon give way to wear and tear a lot quicker than a steel one.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Got to disagree with that one Rob, the wood ones soon give way to wear and tear a lot quicker than a steel one.

Iv had few wooden ones an they do last years but handle always goes on em in end I find😀

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Of course they do, the steel ones are forgiving and are able for a bit of stick but the wooden ones do last for many seasons if you uses them as they should be used. I wouldn’t have a wooden one now as there’s no reason to pick one over a steel one, but they’re handy light if your used to the steel ones.

• Like 1

I can't take anyone serious when I see them with a wooden handle spoon, it's all well and good scooping loose up with it but you won't be breaking up heavy ground with one. I don't want to dig to a terrier like I'm on time team, I won't to get there as quickly as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4