cat bite.

Just a quick heads ups(most of you boys know already) my bullx was nipped by a cat the other night,it was in middle of no where,anyway dog was fine for the night but in morn could,nt move her leg,not eating,sullvating,weak as f..k,just took her to vets(good ole boy) and her temp was 105,he said cats are b*****ds things for infecting dogs,and in hot weather dogs dye cause of the heat,and high temp.dogs on a drip now,and i go back 5pm to see whats going on.he said suspected  blood poisoning.

They have the second most toxic bite after a human according to a doctor that spent over a week saving my pal from loosing his hand after being bitten by a cat ..turned septic a couple of days after being bit and within a week he had a red line running up his arm .The op to clean the wound was horrendous and it took three month before he was back to normal ..

32 minutes ago, sussex said:

They have the second most toxic bite after a human according to a doctor that spent over a week saving my pal from loosing his hand after being bitten by a cat ..turned septic a couple of days after being bit and within a week he had a red line running up his arm .The op to clean the wound was horrendous and it took three month before he was back to normal ..

I was bitten by a cat a few weeks ago (it's a long story) and after going to hospital was given a tetanus jab and a course of antibiotics. Sepsis is a killer.

Some might remember that my dog had a massive infection in his leg back along.he did have a blackthorn in his paw but what caused the infection was the cat he killed just before going lamping as i put him in the van.this was about 10pm by lunchtime he was bad and by evening he was real dodgy.

£640 and 1 week later though and he was fine.

Good luck qbgrey

22 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Them cats are dirty b*****ds... I Try and break my dogs to cats, peroxide and hibiscus scrub on the cuts soon as?

true mate  , i had a lurcher x lurcher bitch  years ago , got bit from feral cat  , it went bad ways in her wrist , it cam up like a cricket ball , as big and hard on her wrist .Idid  clean her up with warm salt water when i put her in the kennel . But bloody hell next day 8 hours after like say like cricket ball, had to rush her to vets  right away , they put her on a drip, and kept her in for  3 days till the swelling went down, then course of p/tabs  for a week, they told me if i hadnt brought her in when i did, she may have lost her leg . So all in all  with money and dog in very bad way , i did try to break Buck to cats  from a pup, but could never trust him really , he just grab them and kill them  , even if i hit him before for going after them, old Bryn ok  just run them but wont go in grab them if shout him , Buck differnt mind set once he them or a fox . i f  ever get another lurcher , i deff try to get it round cats from a pup, none really by me ,  i will have try find sombody by me who keep them  and show the pup few times, long term it will better than all the bloody aggro  i have had  before  and now .