Cockers

16 minutes ago, The one said:

Ive always had springers but even they seem to be getting smaller so i see no reason why a cocker cant cope unless its rretrieving a really big hare or goose 

I think my old bitch will retrieve canadas off water shes had a good go at bringing a fox back lol never shot a hare and hope i never do so no need to keep a dog to bring them in for myself. I wilk try her with geese soon enough.

Edited by C.green

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some recent pictures of my two mum and daughter.

Nice pups them mate,  I got my cocker pup a few weeks ago, she gets second inoculation today, cant wait to start taking her out, she is a quick learner and in the 20 days since weve had her she i

My first spaniel and I’m glad I ended up with this lad rather than a springer. He’s two and a half now, loosing that puppy exuberance and settling into his work as a rough shooting and beating dog. Su

Posted Images

I really liked my first springer she was old school and large . my second was smaller and he breeder said as long as there mainly white and go like there arse is on fire , but i thought that was the difference between springers and cockers the size ?.

Colour and size i think mate. Myself i like the springers that almost look like they have a touch of bull lol. Like you say might aswell buy a cocker over a small springer aint ya. Think cockers can be prone to a yap or two also. 

Edited by C.green
  • 2 weeks later...

heres some pic's of mine they be starting work on the 14th and go twice a week till the end my red dog is ten now and works like a dog half his age he is straight off openshaws druid and if I could find a bitch for him I would love a dog pup like him I haven't seen a better dog I have a bitch pup of my own breeding who is perfect for him on paper if she makes the grade but he will be to old by then I may look into a/I dose anyone know anything about that atb two crows

001.jpg

005.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

DSCF1876 (2).JPG

• Like 4

I heard the greyhound men talking about Ai and they said it works and  they will test the bitch and know the perfect day of the cycle to do it. Most of them go the natural route because of extra cost for storage etc when trying to run it as a business and some claimed that there was less pups in the litters when Ai was used. Is there a kennel club limit on the sires age?

28 minutes ago, jiggy said:

I heard the greyhound men talking about Ai and they said it works and  they will test the bitch and know the perfect day of the cycle to do it. Most of them go the natural route because of extra cost for storage etc when trying to run it as a business and some claimed that there was less pups in the litters when Ai was used. Is there a kennel club limit on the sires age?

don't think there is only on bitches, the dogs sister is the bitch pups grand mother, I used a dog from different lines over her and then another over her doughter to get the young bitch both dogs had very little pedigree wise in common with the bitches and both very good dogs, to cross my dog's blood back in would be perfect but the bitch has to prove worthy first and there may not be time that's the thought behind a/I otherwise natural all the way.

• Like 1

this is my 14 year old bitch she was a natural from the word go seemed to know what I wanted and almost trained her self, she has a big lump and is losing condition so time is short on a brighter note her great granddaughter who is also chocolate and tan is coming ready to start this season she would not touch a dummy yet retrieves dead cold game like she has been doing it years any one else had one like that.

DSCF7250.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:39, C.green said:

Yes two crows Seen a couple like that no interest in a dummy whatsoever but mustard on game.

my pup has had a couple of days out now and has rely impressed, she hunts independently of the others, has a good eye, finds well, and retrieves well could not be happier.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

I know this thread has gone abit stale but has anyone got any litters planned in the near future.

just looking at a dogs ped just now good little dog I liked him from a pup, the bitch is not in season yet though but the peds seam to go ok with each other.

• Like 1
On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:24, two crows said:

my pup has had a couple of days out now and has rely impressed, she hunts independently of the others, has a good eye, finds well, and retrieves well could not be happier.

this pup still going well no negatives my mate has her bro and he the same.

• Like 1