Man Drowns, And Two Missing

6 hours ago, bell said:

Well done Ray, you didn't tweak your back in the middle of all this did you ?...….could easily have been the start :whistling:

nope mate lol , done me back in  when i was  24 , digging trenches all day  for the gas board  , no little mini diggers in them days just spade/pick   , and jack hammer for  roads/tarmac , be different ball game today    deff .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iv'e swam in the quarry at Long Itchington loads of times in the past when i lived that way,it's a risky game swimming in wild waters as such but i for one learnt to swim in a river and i'll have a be

I always remember the warnings about swimming in lakes and large bodies of water. Once you get out of your depth, the temperature will plummet sharply, always stay near to shore and no deeper than you

You have watched a few drown! Fcuking hell do you drive a boat carrying illegal immigrants for a living. Once is enough to see that kind of thing.

Posted Images

Happens here every time its warm somebody's kid drowns in a old quarry they fenced it off and they broke down the fence  they get caught up in all the old shite in the bottom but the next years youngsters always go back 

A lad was telling me his mate dived 20 feet into a quarry and got stuck in a lorry tyre underneath. He was trapped under for a couple of minutes but lucky b*****d managed to wriggle free.

2 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Gotta be careful. Especially when wading 

Especially with waders,i had a bad experience a few years ago when trout fishing at night :ninja:

• Like 4
10 hours ago, All-terrain said:

I've bought all the kids life jackets and wear one myself even if only f***ing about in water, I've watched a few drown over the years and all had one thing in common,no life jacket or buoyancy aid, At

You only wear one to help protect that glass back of yours ? ? 

Hope your keeping well buddy

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, All-terrain said:

I've bought all the kids life jackets and wear one myself even if only f***ing about in water, I've watched a few drown over the years and all had one thing in common,no life jacket or buoyancy aid, At

You have watched a few drown! Fcuking hell do you drive a boat carrying illegal immigrants for a living. Once is enough to see that kind of thing.

• Haha 4
On 27 July 2018 at 11:22, mackem said:

Go to 0.19 to see how quick someone drowns in hot weather,there used to be a different clip one guy gets into difficulty another guy jumps in to save him,both died.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s9s9n_1532432470

Two lads from my school days died in the exact same way back in 76 swimming in the local quarry lake, one got into difficulty and pulled the other one under when he tried to help, 

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, The one said:

Happens here every time its warm somebody's kid drowns in a old quarry they fenced it off and they broke down the fence  they get caught up in all the old shite in the bottom but the next years youngsters always go back 

As Rolfe Harris used to say " kids and water they love it " and he new what kids liked 

• Haha 2