COLLIE X GREYHOUNDS...ENDANGERED SPECIES...

10 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I think you are right there Roybo...:yes:

I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to want a far more athletic style of running dog...The genuine F1 hybrid twixt a sheepdog and a Greyhound would still suit me, but I feel I am in the minority...

Facts are, if such an easily produced hybrid was required, on masse, by the lurcher fraternity,..there would be no shortage of them...

The situation speaks for itself really...?

Wee Maggie, a pup I sent down to North Devon...

1363590729_DSC01991maggie.thumb.jpg.f7f967f5a931c95e68fca26f42218e36.jpg

im'e no collie cross man but if I was that little dog would do me, what if any disadvantages does she have compared to a conventional collie cross.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I often read threads concerning collie crosses with a degree of confusion . More to do with the sometimes negative comments that relate to the border collie , and often mention is made of the far supe

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some

I think you are right there Roybo... I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to w

Posted Images

Hi, I breed this smaller type of collie lurcher, just for hedgerow ferreting, general mouching, and a wee bit of picking up on the local Shoots.

My only quarry is the rabbit, so a dog that is a genuine seeker, marker and good at hunting up in the rough. is all I really need. 

I still rate, a well made F1 Collie x Greyhound Hybrid, but these wee 'un's suit me fine.?

287.thumb.JPG.7fc37acd156f2871ef14411a221d15fb.JPG

• Like 11
3 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Hi, I breed this smaller type of collie lurcher, just for hedgerow ferreting, general mouching, and a wee bit of picking up on the local Shoots.

My only quarry is the rabbit, so a dog that is a genuine seeker, marker and good at hunting up in the rough. is all I really need. 

I still rate, a well made F1 Collie x Greyhound Hybrid, but these wee 'un's suit me fine.?

287.thumb.JPG.7fc37acd156f2871ef14411a221d15fb.JPG

Absolute crackers them dogs Phil a credit to you.?

• Like 1

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some great days out in all conditions giving her all, trying warren after Warren until she gets a mark. All you can do is put as much opportunity as possible in front of the dog, the rest is in the lap of the gods. EEFAF5B1-81AF-411A-A5D3-A31AAD7C1AE5.thumb.jpeg.ac271e54e16cb03838383a05be5f7a1a.jpegcheers Neil b 

• Like 15
53 minutes ago, neil b said:

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some great days out in all conditions giving her all, trying warren after Warren until she gets a mark. All you can do is put as much opportunity as possible in front of the dog, the rest is in the lap of the gods. EEFAF5B1-81AF-411A-A5D3-A31AAD7C1AE5.thumb.jpeg.ac271e54e16cb03838383a05be5f7a1a.jpegcheers Neil b 

what stud dog is she out of neil?

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

No choice for me, I’d rather w mutt like phils than any first cross, the collie lurchers that are about like mr lloyds, are the new improved tested rabbit dogs that are to lurchers the same as the modern day coursing dogs are to the long dogs if that makes sense ? sat here in York Barbican waiting for daughter gymnastic, talking about shit ??

Over the past 12 months i've seen enough collie bred pups and adults advertised on facebook sites to tell me they are far from endangered.

Be patient, seek out these pages and other websites like Dragon Driving. The right litter will eventually turn up.

And if you've not got patience, then go to Hancocks, you'll get exactly what your after, just do your homework on his studs.

16 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Over the past 12 months i've seen enough collie bred pups and adults advertised on facebook sites to tell me they are far from endangered.

Be patient, seek out these pages and other websites like Dragon Driving. The right litter will eventually turn up.

And if you've not got patience, then go to Hancocks, you'll get exactly what your after, just do your homework on his studs.

ye i have asked on all the facebook pages or alot of them and looking at hancocks stud dogs now also.cheers.