borders or lakeys?

What about a three quarter border quarter Russell? My lad doesn't work to ground (I don't want him to) but he does everything above, bushing, ratting, marking and he even goes beating and retrieves pigeons when I'm roost shooting. But above all he does everything with me because he's my mucker....

IMG_20180727_121733.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are still working borders out there.

I work a black and tan dog he's a Parkes breed Lakey to a patterdale brilliant foxing dog and he will Bush all day here's Jim Juan Mata

My borders and lakelands have never failed me, stay till the jobs done. Also plenty other lads out there with genuine working lakeys.

Posted Images

there has always been cowboys , i could embarrass  a few well known from my area , once out with a gun pack i saw 7 terrier released Fenton bred anyone remember that hype , loads bought into it lol

anyway this was not doubling up or 7ups whole lot were shit , that was my last day with that pack , there are some low standards out there in the past and now 

• Like 2

When I was kid about 14 or 15, hunting on my own I was always proud my dog worked on its own terrier or lurcher, no-one showed me how to do it and I knew no better but I did know from an early age that one dog is better than two, I can't get my head around keeping a dog if it can't do the job on its own.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, stumfelter said:

What about a three quarter border quarter Russell? My lad doesn't work to ground (I don't want him to) but he does everything above, bushing, ratting, marking and he even goes beating and retrieves pigeons when I'm roost shooting. But above all he does everything with me because he's my mucker....

IMG_20180727_121733.jpg

Just one of the lads lol

• Like 1
10 hours ago, stumfelter said:

IMG_20180727_121733.jpg

Nice to hear he’s such a versatile little dog and a mate.

• Like 1