Sign in to follow this  
netrigger

Tiercel

I was sadly told last night whilst out rabbit shooting and will sadly miss Allan. I only spoke to him two weeks ago when he told me and apologised for not being able to mend my rabbit chewed long nets, which he had done beautifully for many years...and charged me only pennies. I did mange to take some film of him at the Midland GF I think two years ago on the long netting stand, mending nets like the craftsman he was and then how he shot out his nets. One day if i get time i will put this on another DVD , as the knowledge he had is differecult to find nowadays. RIP 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blinddate said:

I was sadly told last night whilst out rabbit shooting and will sadly miss Allan. I only spoke to him two weeks ago when he told me and apologised for not being able to mend my rabbit chewed long nets, which he had done beautifully for many years...and charged me only pennies. I did mange to take some film of him at the Midland GF I think two years ago on the long netting stand, mending nets like the craftsman he was and then how he shot out his nets. One day if i get time i will put this on another DVD , as the knowledge he had is differecult to find nowadays. RIP 

Any chance of a copy pal? Don’t mind paying 

• Like 1

Condolences to Alans family, shocked when I Read about his dead, will really miss his posts very knowledgeable anything to do with longnets, Rest in peace Alan. 

I liked the way tiercel pulled the top line tension on the second pole without looking at the line.

Now that's experience right there.

35 minutes ago, socks said:

He was cheating he used two hands 😁

Give guy a break he was a finger or 2 down im sure 😀😂 he always spoke about long netting mostly on here but his knowledge of fishing both fresh an salt water was amazing aswell, he knew tides better than the crabs😂

• Like 4

I did tell him come august I new a field road side we might get a bolt or two and I said I would push him round in a barrow if needed. That got a LOL out of him and he new i wasn't joking haha

Edited by terryd
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Gutted to hear this.. I spoke to Allan regular over the years on here and on FB, I was meant to meet up with him at the Welsh game fair a few years back but it never happened for some reason. A knowledgeable, pleasant bloke with a great sense of humour. Nos da fy ffrind i.. :(