PURE !!!

2 hours ago, mush said:

No  not all shit but think money behind a lot of the breeding 

yeah just what the snooty club lot didn't want, peddlers etc getting them. But that snootiness has helped produce a load of inbreds so ?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think back...i wanted a real deal killing machine back then ..i had to get the bus from Cork city,to rosslare ,then the ferry to pembrooke...then a bus from there to newbury ,where i was picked

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times... Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have

That would be the Dingo,good hunters and pets and the abbo's used to eat them when times were tough.Now bred by Davo down the road who keeps to himself.Good on ya Davo..

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Yeah i got that wrong but it deff says the touch of your hand meks my clothes relax

? this hot weather's doing your head in as well mate is it?! .................  ? ?

Edited by shaaark
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

How long after adding saluki an like breedin did the results start to really show them selfs mate? A few generations or straight away am just got better each gen??

I would of thought is the results wernt there after the first lot they wouldnt have botherd again 

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

I would of thought is the results wernt there after the first lot they wouldnt have botherd again 

The results would probably have come about sooner, if some of those owner/breeders hadn't culled half their original litters ?

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

How long after adding saluki an like breedin did the results start to really show them selfs mate? A few generations or straight away am just got better each gen??

it was instant as far as our own stuff in my area was concerned, it gives a coolness to the offspring, take a f1 for example straight away you kill the raw aggressive almost reckless pace from the greyhound, and adds the calmness of the saluki giving a dog straight away that is more difficult for a hare to deal with. a flight animal can deal with a dog coming at it fast trying to out pace it, a dog that steady's when it gets there and watches and reacts to the hares movement is a different proposition altogether, when I watched dogs running, I watched it all. some times talking to a mate after a run it was like they watched a different run to me lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, two crows said:

it was instant as far as our own stuff in my area was concerned, it gives a coolness to the offspring, take a f1 for example straight away you kill the raw aggressive almost reckless pace from the greyhound, and adds the calmness of the saluki giving a dog straight away that is more difficult for a hare to deal with. a flight animal can deal with a dog coming at it fast trying to out pace it, a dog that steady's when it gets there and watches and reacts to the hares movement is a different proposition altogether, when I watched dogs running, I watched it all. some times talking to a mate after a run it was like they watched a different run to me lol

thats the best summation of the situation I have heard in a good while?

• Like 1
On 28 June 2018 at 23:36, two crows said:

Some folk see a totally different picture of the situation ,two crows I agre I like to see skill above all else and this his down I believe has seeing the run fa what it his a jukel bred ta catch  my kind a long ear runner Cana abide animals over running unnecessarily galls me.atb bill

• Like 1
22 hours ago, two crows said:

Well said

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

I have never known a breed with so many different opinions ? in the right hands and of the right breeding a pure don't need crossing ever ?

10304785_10201982817999861_9208844337620325847_n1_zpsfc1b31f8.jpg

agree with that 100% but there not all bred right, and you know most lurcher lads are not the right hands, I had a good pure years ago could do anything, I would have him back in a heartbeat great dog. here a picture of my doughters pet bitch someone she knows found a bitch looked like a pure turned out to be in pup. 

DSCF7257.JPG

• Like 1