PURE !!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think back...i wanted a real deal killing machine back then ..i had to get the bus from Cork city,to rosslare ,then the ferry to pembrooke...then a bus from there to newbury ,where i was picked

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times... Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have

That would be the Dingo,good hunters and pets and the abbo's used to eat them when times were tough.Now bred by Davo down the road who keeps to himself.Good on ya Davo..

Posted Images

On a serious note, why DO they cut the ears??  The only reasons I can think are to stop them getting ear mange (it would work well for that) or because they hunt things that bite...nothing bleeds like ears and tails.

How about the henna? Does anyone think it toughens feet and stoppers at all? If it has any real effect then it's easy enough to get it from health food shops and hippy shops. My wife reckons it definitely strengthens hair by adding an extra layer of keratin to it. Would that strenghthen skin on feet and stoppers enough to make a difference?

I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on this as stopper pads is the main issue I get causing lameness when my hounds run hard and rough land. They've learned to slow before turning on hard forest tracks and this helps but they still do stoppers more than anything else.

Edited by Maximus Ferret

ear cropping is just a daft custom, meant to be for protection, beauty etc but why only do one on some?

henna is antiseptic, protection, meant to toughen feet and for beauty

Edited by Gilbey
missing word
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

ear cropping is just a daft custom, meant to be for protection, beauty etc but why only do one on some?

henna is antiseptic, protection, meant to toughen feet and for beauty

Yeah, I know it's meant to be but do you think it is?

Not sure about the beauty either but if red extremities are beautiful then I've got a cracker :D.

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, riohog said:

turkish tazis  ,more greyhound than saluki in them 

Very much a saluki frame though. I'd like to see him run. Here in Clonakilty there are lots of Turkish people, mostly barbers. They do the best haircut and shave and even set your hair on fire as a finale!

3 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Yeah, I know it's meant to be but do you think it is?

Not sure about the beauty either but if red extremities are beautiful then I've got a cracker :D.

lol, never been over personally, just going off what I've been told and read over the years so ? Have you tried any of the greyhound stuff, you won't look a twat walking it. Cant see it making much difference

Edited by Gilbey
couldn't think of name "Tuf-foot" think wrapping is better
23 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Very much a saluki frame though. I'd like to see him run. Here in Clonakilty there are lots of Turkish people, mostly barbers. They do the best haircut and shave and even set your hair on fire as a finale!

fk that/what they use a fkn flame thrower ,them dogs are from urfa  southern turkey  .pound          to a pinch of shite there owned by a guy called yosuf   ciftci.

16 minutes ago, riohog said:

fk that/what they use a fkn flame thrower ,them dogs are from urfa  southern turkey  .pound          to a pinch of shite there owned by a guy called yosuf   ciftci.

:D:D:D Turkish barbers here are tops at styling flattops and so on. They tend to burn the hair off the back of your neck with a taper and pluck your earholes and eyebrows.:D:D Fairplay Rio, they do a good old haircut for the money but they're quite snobby about doing the older, smellier locals! People might think they're smelly foreigners but they seem to think the same about us.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

:D:D:D Turkish barbers here are tops at styling flattops and so on. They tend to burn the hair off the back of your neck with a taper and pluck your earholes and eyebrows.:D:D Fairplay Rio, they do a good old haircut for the money but they're quite snobby about doing the older, smellier locals! People might think they're smelly foreigners but they seem to think the same about us.

Most barbers wont let me in on account a me neck like but the asian 1 near the halal dog food them dont mind even call me boss

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Most barbers wont let me in on account a me neck like but the asian 1 near the halal dog food them dont mind even call me boss

Good scrub with a wire brush and dettol will sort it.you might even get close to the heart of the mystery and get a way of being that no-ones ever heard of before. All very cosmic, not many really understand the heart of the mystery grasshopper.

Feckit, you DO know a bit about brushes Grasshopper.

Edited by Maximus Ferret