World Cup 2018

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I very much doubt that , people seem to forget he was at United for a long time , a team not exactly reknowned for taking it easy , to say a player with the strength of ronaldo isnt capable of taking a few clips is a bit niave 

You only have to look at how easy he falls and cries in today's game. True most of the the he's putting it on but Maradona was the biggest scalp in the world back then and players literally tried snapping him in half.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

For how long ? 

A season ? 2 or 3 ? 

When he went to Napoli he was shite , 

to be a great , you need to do more, he doesn’t have much in the trophy room baring a World Cup , look at iniestas in comparison 

Are you kidding me, he earned Napoli their first Serie A titles in their history and also the UEFA Cup. He was electric for that team and also has the honours of winning the World Cup, I can't see Messi achieving that.

• Haha 1

Agreed , 

the nearest comparative to them imho is Romario who consistently scored wherever , whatever the stage . 

Ive said it before , but world class is a very much overvusrd term. 

There are not many players , who you can say consistently perform to the nth degree in whatever stage. 

Ronaldo has undeniabley been the best player in the prem league and La Liga at stages, he has performed in the euros in very average national sides and looks like he fancies it this year in Russia. 

His international performances imho give him the edge over messi who often looks out of sorts for Argentina 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They are the most consistent players of all time but that's easily understandable when Maradona's hobbies were cocaine and women, his addictive personality ensured he was never going to have a career of their length. You say Romario and I'll raise you with Zidane, the most elegant player I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I'm not having that one, Henry was very good but not in the same class as Zidane IMO.

Funny how different players are interpreted ..

i always thought when Zidane dissappeared under pressure against really good players , point to note he was at the height of his powers in 99 and was literally in the crowd when at 2 nil up and cruising Roy Keane dragged United to victory and the c l final 

and when earlier  at juventus in the 97 final vs Dortmund paul lambert had him in his back pocket the whole game 

Additionally at crux of the galacticos era he was borderline bullied by Ronaldinho etc in La Liga 

but , hey he scored a great goal at hampden so he’s the best ever 

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

My opinion is that him and Messi are probably top 5 easily ever.  

He great player, prob 2nd best player in the world today, we all know who the other is, he playing tomorrow  i think . it was great game  real  end to end action , hope the rest  of the other games are as good as today, i watch as many as i can i love football , boxing , my 2 main sports , and  looking forward to wolves  playing this  season. Watching today , 1st thing came in my head , that  England are million  miles away from this level of football , all 22 players looked comfortable  playing with the ball, our lot  are nervous as hell  with the ball, hope we dont go home to early .lol 

2 minutes ago, bird said:

He great player, prob 2nd best player in the world today, we all know who the other is, he playing tomorrow  i think . it was great game  real  end to end action , hope the rest  of the other games are as good as today, i watch as many as i can i love football , boxing , my 2 main sports , and  looking forward to wolves  playing this  season. Watching today , 1st thing came in my head , that  England are million  miles away from this level of football , all 22 players looked comfortable  playing with the ball, our lot  are nervous as hell  with the ball, hope we dont go home to early .lol 

Your lot should be ok , just hope group games give them a bit of confidence so if they get past groups against a better team they don't shit themselves . I think if he gets service vsrdy could prove really good if you get far . He's probably the one player for England who I can imagine literally has no fear whover he faces.  I can imagine him bouncing to play against any of the top defenders . Even if their better than him I reckon all he needs is half a chance and he'll be in . I reckon Kane might bomb a bit in the tournemnt . He's class no doupt but so much hinges on him might be to much . Someone like vardy I like his grit and determination to get at players