Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, stop.end said:

Ratting with terriers hasnt changed in 300 years.. you dont really need any tools..take a terrier to a place where there is a rat population... that keen russell will learn you far more than we can tell u.

Thank you but I mean to go after bigger game if ye catch my drift

39 minutes ago, Jerry71 said:

Get out ratting with your pup and then enter to something bigger. Atb. 

Been getting her out most nights and had no luck of finding many rats had a few with her. live in a rural area and there only seems to be the odd rabbit about.

9 hours ago, Jrthunter said:

Been getting her out most nights and had no luck of finding many rats had a few with her. live in a rural area and there only seems to be the odd rabbit about.

Keep it away from rabbits if you want it for digging lol👍

• Like 1

I find trapping rats for the young stock im bringing on is very useful! Also when walking them I take an air rifle and try get a crow or two to let them rag and toy with!Respect you quarry as much as your dogs and handle them all with care! Clean kennels,bowls and water I find key as a happy dog will be more then happy to give it all! And get a dog to a desirable fitness level before asking it to go the ground! Tools wise I have a big army bag with a bar, shovel, hand saw, rope and knife! and of course a box and collar! I use a bag as it makes solo expeditions more easy to do!

• Like 1

Look after your earth's always back fill don't over work them.if your dog doesn't want to go there's probably no body home seen people new to the game try force there dogs into the hole.train your dog to stay away from rabbits don't want to be digging to a rabbit or it hunting up rabbits.

All have failed to mention have written permission and a humane method of dispatch with you at all times

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Best word of advice to anyone keep dogs eyes covered and lay in a hege when the keeper lights up the field

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leethedog said:

All have failed to mention have written permission and a humane method of dispatch with you at all times

Well said Lee. And familiarise your self with the hunting act to make sure you stay within the law.