Quick Kill Instinct

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I just had my Scott/Johnson Bulldog put down to old age,he was a guard only,great dog but no speed or stamina for hunting.I think there a fad,manufactured breed.The English bully/greys are a good dog here.My mrs used to hunt pigs for a living,reckons pit blooded pig dogs only want to fight the pigs instead of working and holding them,ending up with too many injuries and mauled pigs that you can't sell to the chillers,some hunters will disagree.

one thing always puzzled  me, is using a ebt as a hunting type dog , ok it to another breed , but over here  there just show dogs. my brother had 2 before , and apart from they lack stamina, agilty  as a breed . there temps are unpredictable , more so than a staff , and apbt  . i dont know what lines of ebt  you got over Oz  , but they must be differnt to ours in the UK , for you blokes wanting to keep using them  as a x  for your pig dogs .?  the pitx greys would be more full on than any ebt x greys   true, but if drop of kelpie  etc  herding  breed in the x  might calm  them down a bit?  i see few  stumpy cattle dogs xs  popular as well  , they  make good holding dog  to x back to a apbt   might stop  fighting  the pigs  as much , i know  they use ebt x to stumpys .

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the f**k are you smoking ?  Let me know il change the cider for some of that ?

Exactly what I said the other day.  Get in a s a p to dispatch it yourself.  Shouldn't be there to see how long it takes, or if indeed your dog can kill it.  People that put up vids like that are comp

Not on a public forum with lots off guests watching u won’t 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, bird said:

one thing always puzzled  me, is using a ebt as a hunting type dog , ok it to another breed , but over here  there just show dogs. my brother had 2 before , and apart from they lack stamina, agilty  as a breed . there temps are unpredictable , more so than a staff , and apbt  . i dont know what lines of ebt  you got over Oz  , but they must be differnt to ours in the UK , for you blokes wanting to keep using them  as a x  for your pig dogs .?  the pitx greys would be more full on than any ebt x greys   true, but if drop of kelpie  etc  herding  breed in the x  might calm  them down a bit?  i see few  stumpy cattle dogs xs  popular as well  , they  make good holding dog  to x back to a apbt   might stop  fighting  the pigs  as much , i know  they use ebt x to stumpys .

Because the ebt blood over there is from the stuff that went over hundred years ago , back before they were ruined over here. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Not 100kg boars but decent size,mate used to like killing with a knife and expected his dogs to hold the ears only,which is what is what is wanted here so as to not damage the carcass.The dogs were huge,height of a dane but massively built.

Thanks for your reply, Aussie Whip.

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

I think your a cleaner anti myself watch what you say lads 

I must be! Asking a question with a slight ethical twist... oh no!! God forbid! How could anyone be so dreadful? Very suspicious. Lool

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Because the ebt blood over there is from the stuff that went over hundred years ago , back before they were ruined over here. 

fair enough  mate, maybe  thats  what it is then .? still prefer  me self a apbt   if wanted to use  a bull terrier  in any type x to another breed .

7 hours ago, gnipper said:

So they don't grab it because it's the first bit they come to when running up behind them and they know there's an artery there? 

They do mate in the times of old dog's were advertised as" proven artery snafflers "

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, gnipper said:

So they don't grab it because it's the first bit they come to when running up behind them and they know there's an artery there? 

That is according to David Attenborough,a lot of wild dogs do it then follow up the blood scent knowing the animal will either bleed to death or become lame,wf

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DRP said:

I must be! Asking a question with a slight ethical twist... oh no!! God forbid! How could anyone be so dreadful? Very suspicious. Lool

No the way you come on and the first post you have is about deer and pics all pre ban of course likely that you'd be trying stitch people up. Everyone is welcome to their own views and that's my view on you. 

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

They keep me in fast cars good drugs an dirty ladies ??

maybe not but they do help pay wife’s bills?????

Yeah me too mate with the amount I take each season ill soon have that packet of rizla ive always wanted

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 13/05/2018 at 20:54, Saltmoon said:

No the way you come on and the first post you have is about deer and pics all pre ban of course likely that you'd be trying stitch people up. Everyone is welcome to their own views and that's my view on you. 

As you will have noticed, I joined THL around a decade ago. So according to your theory, I've been waiting for ten years to hatch my stitch up plan lool.

So because it's my first post in a while, it can't be about deer? Hmmm... should it be about charlie, the reds, things with teeth? These names are used all over the threads, not exactly being subtle. It wouldn't be difficult if that was my aim.

Yeah I'd like to see photos. So what? Everyone likes to see pics regarding their interests. I thoroughly enjoy looking at people's lurchers, not as much as I enjoy admiring my own dogs but a working dog in great condition is something my eye always wonders to. If I wanted to set people up, I wouldn't be so obvious.

Watch out Saltspoon! I might just fly back to the UK and report you to the RSPCA. Lol

3 minutes ago, DRP said:

As you will have noticed, I joined THL around a decade ago. So according to your theory, I've been waiting for ten years to hatch my stitch up plan lool.

So because it's my first post in a while, it can't be about deer? Hmmm... should it be about charlie, the reds, things with teeth? These names are used all over the threads, not exactly being subtle. It wouldn't be difficult if that was my aim.

Yeah I'd like to see photos. So what? Everyone likes to see pics regarding their interests. I thoroughly enjoy looking at people's lurchers, not as much as I enjoy admiring my own dogs but a working dog in great condition is something my eye always wonders to. If I wanted to set people up, I wouldn't be so obvious.

Watch out Saltspoon! I might just fly back to the UK and report you to the RSPCA. Lol

It's saltmoon mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2