Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

I know places Morton an his lad have hunted its full of foxes full of big rock piles loads of cover just outside the city , 26 foxes trapped of a small bit of land man had birds on in 3month man still had birds go so he gave up had two traps on an sometime was one in each 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Str said:

There’s mounted packs not put as many foxes out of cover as you and your lad Morton,come on fox after fox after fox! You should have started your reply with Once opon time.we will after agree to disagree atb.

As i don,t hunt in the company or range of any mounted pack i cannot possibly answer that,if you know of one that wishes to borrow a Beddy and get the horse and hounds about Yorkshires industrial heritage then give me a shout,ill warrant its been a century or more since a pack in full voice,followed by crimson clad Henry and Henrietta,s,thundered past Kirkstall Abbey.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, tank34 said:

I know places Morton an his lad have hunted its full of foxes full of big rock piles loads of cover just outside the city , 26 foxes trapped of a small bit of land man had birds on in 3month man still had birds go so he gave up had two traps on an sometime was one in each 

SShhhh,leave them following the mounted packs and the rest of us will make do with whats left.Hows the sapling panning out?.

10 hours ago, rob284 said:

what happens when your pack of beddies push a fox to ground? Do they all enter?

Lurcher does,nt.Seriously though its about knowing the dogs you feed,at times 2 terriers will enter.Its been covered enough on here,many frown on it i take it as acceptable practice and as long as it keeps getting results,without strife,then ill carry on doing the same.

33 minutes ago, morton said:

SShhhh,leave them following the mounted packs and the rest of us will make do with whats left.Hows the sapling panning out?.

She ready Togo just waiting for season to start

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, morton said:

As i don,t hunt in the company or range of any mounted pack i cannot possibly answer that,if you know of one that wishes to borrow a Beddy and get the horse and hounds about Yorkshires industrial heritage then give me a shout,ill warrant its been a century or more since a pack in full voice,followed by crimson clad Henry and Henrietta,s,thundered past Kirkstall Abbey.

Are you in Leeds Morton? Yes or no will do.

Mounted packs weren't brought about to clear foxes out of covers. They were and are to take a fox from cover to cover at a gallop for horses.

I'm still amazed that the only guy working bedlingtons on this thread is being ridiculed by guys with no working bedlingtons. One has a lucas terrier and I don't even know what that is?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Mounted packs weren't brought about to clear foxes out of covers. They were and are to take a fox from cover to cover at a gallop for horses.

I'm still amazed that the only guy working bedlingtons on this thread is being ridiculed by guys with no working bedlingtons. One has a lucas terrier and I don't even know what that is?

I was quoting Morton who said he flushes fox after fox from cover and that’s why I said he flushes more foxes than a mounted pack.I was making a comparison between Lucas & bedlington terriers as I’ve owned and worked both ,I don’t believe I am ridiculing Morton more I am questioning some of his claims.Morton is A very passionate  man with regards his Bedlingtons he’s not scared to say what he believes is right which I like but I am also not scared to say what I think but there’s no harm ment.

• Like 5