Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

Adam C, chances are some ot that white, or even all of it,  will disappear as the pups grow. They'll probably make better workers then lol. Good luck with them fella. 

And I know it's hard not to react to some people on here, but you certainly DON'T need to explain yourself to anyone ?

• Like 4

If you look at the pups the second from the left & second from right have a small white blaze on there chest which soon disappeared  as the dogs coat change colour,these pups were 1/16 border terrier the rest was Rillington blood,at the time mid 1990s there was only me and Printer off this forum that had so much Rillington blood in are dogs apart from G Newcombe,the point I am making is these were very well bred dogs work wise yet they had small blaze of white on there chest,the pup second from the left I kept and as you can see he had no white on his chest when he was older but what he did have was loads of hunting drive & his canine teeth were 25mm or 1 inch which is big teeth in my book & a decent coat for a Bedlington until I started to use clippers like a twat.

85B5626D-701B-4F7F-AF8D-8A6F32E40B09.jpeg

3A8FE5D5-A5E6-425C-A2E8-3A893F1EFCA8.jpeg

• Like 7

who care s if it has a bit of white on it , the dog doesnt stop working just because he may get the white bits dirty, just keep putting it in front of them they don t learn nowt shut in a kennel all day

• Like 4
6 hours ago, TOPPER said:

its well known George and Margaret mixed and matched , personally i think these are dogs of the past theres much better around today if you know were to look atb top 

are these unregistered or kc?

On 31/07/2018 at 10:28, fred90 said:

i don't know much about pure bedlingtons as i only keep bedlington lurchers. piggins dogs where gutchcommon bred & newcombe used some as well to his dogs yet morton says gutchcommon are shite? 

He would.....his are the only good ones on here didn't you know.....?...?

• Haha 1
On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:02, Str said:

If you look at the pups the second from the left & second from right have a small white blaze on there chest which soon disappeared  as the dogs coat change colour,these pups were 1/16 border terrier the rest was Rillington blood,at the time mid 1990s there was only me and Printer off this forum that had so much Rillington blood in are dogs apart from G Newcombe,the point I am making is these were very well bred dogs work wise yet they had small blaze of white on there chest,the pup second from the left I kept and as you can see he had no white on his chest when he was older but what he did have was loads of hunting drive & his canine teeth were 25mm or 1 inch which is big teeth in my book & a decent coat for a Bedlington until I started to use clippers like a twat.

85B5626D-701B-4F7F-AF8D-8A6F32E40B09.jpeg

3A8FE5D5-A5E6-425C-A2E8-3A893F1EFCA8.jpeg

1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

others used georges stock at that time aswell thankfully not the border lines a lot of them, turned out hideous looking things,believe it or not theres dogs about now at the time sired by a 13yr old grandson of one of georges hybreds ?

Out of interest why would border be used to outcross? I'm not knocking borders in any way just can't see why you'd cross one with a beddy. If you were wanting to bring the size down and put a bit of work back into them then a little curly coated fell type would do the job better?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1