First Person Sentenced for 'Controlling Behaviour in an Intimate Relationship' in the UK

34 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Vulnerable men give me a break shouldn't of even got this fat laws etc 

Travellers don't have that problem because a woman knows her place. It's acceptable to beat wives even in the brides fathers eyes as long as it doesn't go to far. The police won't be called so laws are irrelevant .The traveller men go to pub and sit at the top of the bar and drink but the women and kids are told to sit on the lower tables and chair if they are allowed in to begin with. Different culture and a different form of control. There is many other cultures similar so dont think I'm singling travellers out.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BH I think you are making light of a huge problem. Controlling behaviour is not just being occasionally critical or cruel. It's a method of destroying another human being. Slowly drip by drip over tim

It reminds me of Educating Rita...she was married & worked as a hair dresser ..her old man wanted the stereotypical family & sat night in the pub having a sing song with the family...she wasnt

These 'man up and show her who's boss comments' are all well and good but the article paints this bloke as vulnerable due to his condition...I sure as hell ain't gonna look down on the bloke for not c

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Travellers don't have that problem because a woman knows her place. It's acceptable to beat wives even in the brides fathers eyes as long as it doesn't go to far. The police won't be called so laws are irrelevant .The traveller men go to pub and sit at the top of the bar and drink but the women and kids are told to sit on the lower tables and chair if they are allowed in to begin with. Different culture and a different form of control. There is many other cultures similar so dont think I'm singling travellers out.

I was taking about anyone a man shouldn't take abuse by a woman just as much as a man shouldn't ABUSE a woman but I can understand as a lot of women these days are stronger and tougher Than men 

1 minute ago, CushtyJook said:

I was taking about anyone a man shouldn't take abuse by a woman just as much as a man shouldn't ABUSE a woman but I can understand as a lot of women these days are stronger and tougher Than men 

Agreed but I think most people are going back to violence which might not be anything to do with it. There is a thing where mental torture can be far worse than physical torture without a punch been thrown. There is few laws to protect that if manipulated by a bitter person in the right way. If everyone could go around slapping each other freely then we wouldn't be having this conversation because it would be more clear cut.

2 hours ago, jiggy said:

You beat somemof the gypsy women I know and you will Be minus your cock picking a f***ing hammer out of your skull ! Lol 

I knew a lad in a relationship that was toxic 

just toxic 

he was a nice lad and had a kid with her , she made his life a misery ,smashed up his works van , cost him his career etc 

if this one law stops things like that then fair enough . 

Its never as cut and dry as “ your mental ! I’m off” 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

There's a lesson to be learned from this. 

Don't stick your dick in crazy.

:D  to true , many a bloke  wished he kept in his  boxer shorts , when  the woman turns out  a crack pot   lol   .  little story  regards   gypsy    women . when i lived at wolves , there was group of gypsy  in the local pup  one day, it was about 7 .30 pm  the men were in the bar , the women and kids in the lounge . i was in  bar 1st then went round to the lounge , something was  said to  them to keep the noise and swearing  down from  a barmaid  and the gaffer  wife .  feck me  the gypsy women went nuts, one picked a chair up and threw it at  the barmaid , then ashtrays  started to go up in the air   lol.  there blokes came round to join in then , the cops were called  and  dog handler  came in .   it was getting  pretty  dangerous because they had few young kids with them, i thought  the cop dog , a big  gsd   was going to bite   them, they went out and left the pub, it could have got bad. from what i saw gypsy women  can deff    can  be handful,   lol  

• Like 2
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:58, WILF said:

I have teenage daughters so obviously this is a subject I have to consider for the future and I do, a lot !

I have been luck enough to be able to put things in place that will potentially help them.

I have 14 acres and I have told them they should work and build themselves a house of their own on an acre each I will give them.

More to the point, I told them why and we speak about it often.

I have been quiet clear in saying “you may meet a dude and he turns out to be a complete f***ing idiot or worse.....with your own place you can just f**k off”

More important than that, I have always said “even if you had none of that get out anyway, there’s nothing to be scared of.....something will turn up, never stay because you can’t see another way, there’s always another way”

You don’t have to worry about money, or a job or your career or anything like that, you just value yourself and get out no matter what.

I make a conscious point to train them to be independent so that they are never “trapped” by circumstance and I always tell them why.

is it easier to get planning permission in Ireland wilf ,because in wales its a nightmare

I v'e done two barn conversions on my own land but they slapped a 106 agreement on them meaning I cant sell them as individual houses and can only rent them out as holiday lets and no one person can let them for more than 3 months at a time ,I hope one day I can get it overturned anyway good luck with it 

• Like 1