American Bulldog mauls owner

Not a nice experience to be honest, wounds kept open and flushed out over 3 days, then a pin here a screw there, shit loads of antibiotics and pain relief ? I've had better experiences stiff:laugh: f***ing hurt to be fair:thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an ACD that we rescued about 18 months ago. We reckon he's somewhere between 5-8 but can't be sure. Abuse case, had the shit kicked out of him. No teeth in half of his top jaw because of the ki

If a proper manwork dog gets hold of you you're not smashing it's head against anything.What you're doing is going into shock very quickly.

There is an old established law on THL that states , In the event of a conflict thread going past 4 pages the odds of a honeybadger being mentioned increases by 10% with every post .

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Not a nice experience to be honest, wounds kept open and flushed out over 3 days, then a pin here a screw there, shit loads of antibiotics and pain relief ? I've had better experiences stiff:laugh: f***ing hurt to be fair:thumbs:

What kind of dog dc?

Just now, Astanley said:

There is an old established law on THL that states ,

In the event of a conflict thread going past 4 pages the odds of a honeybadger being mentioned increases by 10% with every post .

Was just about to mention the honeybadger thread. ???

• Haha 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

Separating a fight are did it just lose the plot.

Dogs had a go, I jumped in got had while my mate who's dog it was,  rolled around on the floor drunk and  pissing himself :whistling:look back and laugh about it now.... But paying for it yrs later:thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

My mate has just had to have two operations on his tendons and now his hands fcuked after splitting his two Patterdales up from a Staff they were scrapping with.

Why did he use his hands?.......

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

I took a bite from a novice shepherd at training one day as it was getting too used to working with the same decoy week in week out and the dog lost its grip and went for a rebite and me being inexperienced wasn't quick enough and the dog missed the sleeve and bit me on the inside of my upper arm and I instantly hit the ground like a sack of shit.Luckily the handler and my pal the trainer/decoy worked quickly and got the c**t off and that was a young dog being trained using prey driven techniques so it didn't even have bad intentions.If a 25kg+ dog with bad intentions decides to do you and your out in the open,unprepared and don't have a weapon already in your hand you're in a world of shit.

spot on , ive spoke before  about my brother when we were in our 20s we had only run of the mill type dalmatian  25 in 60 lb dog nothing  over big. one day it bitten my brother in the hand, it  was full bite . feckin hell  did it hurt him, he said the pain was like having his hand slammed  shut in the door. went up to hospital for jab, couple  butterfly  stitches , now this is just norm  type  size dog, so big gsd or  rottie, type big dog  would deff hurt you, thats why    apbt  can be  dangerous , not because  of there size but there  mind set  , they dont back off, there full on  . but i do agree with what was said ,  i would try and get away from the dog, and not just lie there and get chewed up , well i hope i would  .

I hate hearing of any dog savaging/mauling.

Sadly I think some are caused by what had happened to a friend of mine.

I have not read all the posts about this one so I will just speak of his experience.

John had purchased an ESS from a reputable breeder, as the Dog grew up it was fine and about 2 years down the line it started to do strange acts of aggression, this dog was well trained and resided in his Gunshop daily, but gradually getting worse, it won field trials too.

He approached the breeder that explained occasionally the pup's may be oxygen starved at birth and can suffer brain damage that later shows up as this agressive effect as it develops into maturity. If further training didnt help then it would determine what he needed to do as it may not be safe to have around anyone.

The breeder immediately offered to take the dog back and replace it with one from a new litter at no costs, including all medical and vaxes up until the same age.

John kept the dog and tried everything until he had to put the dog down, sadly.

This was the dog that got me into ESS's, we bought 2x from the same breeder seperated by 9 months, they were half sisters.

The breeder had held true to her promise, she replaced the dog for John, took care of transport and medicals up to the same age - unbelievable but true. She had many a loyal customer, including us.

Our bitches were just wonderful and unfortunately not with us anymore, age catches up with them too.

• Like 2