Is Lamping Unsporting?

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 05:07, Black neck said:

to neck on wi some birds man 

Birds?Never heard that in the north east,it always used to be wor lass or our lasses.

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A monkey could sound clever on here ... even you have managed it once or twice ......

Anyone who's lamped a bit will know it's not, by any means  Cheers, D.

I'll go with that what's sport got a do with lamping ,it's about a bag full a boot full a freezer full what Eva ya fancy,sporting animals a sporting days his that shames has a sporting animal the diff

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Henry's alright as long as it's cold but I am a rattler man myself for me it's just the best however they do a 4% now and that's shite but the original 6% one is just lovely..... and put a joint of pork in a slow cooker with a bottle of rattler with the same amount of water chop some Apple's and other bits in there you won' get better tasting pork 

Pork joint, Apple's, onion, celery, bottle of rattler, bit of garlic , slow cooker all equals haven!!! 

Gonna try that bud ? atb

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Henry's alright as long as it's cold but I am a rattler man myself for me it's just the best however they do a 4% now and that's shite but the original 6% one is just lovely..... and put a joint of pork in a slow cooker with a bottle of rattler with the same amount of water chop some Apple's and other bits in there you won' get better tasting pork 

Pork joint, Apple's, onion, celery, bottle of rattler, bit of garlic , slow cooker all equals haven!!! 

Just re-read this one salt. 6% you say? The stuff I drank is 8.2%. Or is it like merrydown, another belter, that was 7.5%, but I see loads of that around at 6% these days?

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Birds?Never heard that in the north east,it always used to be wor lass or our lasses.

Dya know what I thought I'd got away wi that anyroad we shall like bread an drippin fo us tea our muther

Lancashire 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Just re-read this one salt. 6% you say? The stuff I drank is 8.2%. Or is it like merrydown, another belter, that was 7.5%, but I see loads of that around at 6% these days?

Normal rattler is 6% Henry westerns is something like 7.5% and black rat is 8.5% all good stuff 

2 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Gonna try that bud ? atb

It is bloody lovely and if you put enough veg in you can make a nice sauce out of that aswell some chilli flakes go nice with it if you don't mind some spice 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

My mate shit the bed after 5 pints of it

when i was younger man , many moons ago  lol, i drank about 6 pints of cider , it was at barn dance type night, not sure what brand it was , it was just poured from big jug, in to your glass. i was ok inside the place, but when out side and fresh air hit me  fook was i pissed  lol . got home went to bed, room spinning round lol, then it started  me being   sick,  god was i bad , was bad for 3 days , cider rots your guts, never drank it again like that had the odd pint thats it.   With lamping , suppose on dark windy wet night, you  can get close on to your rabbits deff . so yeh  not so much cheating  , just using  mother nature  help , because alot of rabbits do get used to the spotlight , and become very lamp shy  and hard to catch, but the right weather plays important  part i think, try lamping on still night , differnt ball game   still the same lamp, rabbits soon here a 50-60 lb lurcher running on the ground , or in my case  85 lb one    lol 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Lowther said:

Went from lamping to cider haha so new question is lamping unsporting when pissed oot ya heed on cider? 

Don't know about unsporting, but would be very foolish and dangerous if 'ya pissed oot ya heed' on anything

Got picked up from the pub once not out my head but fairly tipsy ended up not running my dog that night because I was arguing with one of the lads ended up walking home 15 miles or so ...... so that is a no no for me now 

On 26 March 2018 at 21:56, Bosun11 said:

Yes, it is unsporting BUT when i lamp i want to catch rabbits not give them best.

I see coursing as sporting, a competition where greyhounds are judged on the course and the catch is secondary.

I'll go with that what's sport got a do with lamping ,it's about a bag full a boot full a freezer full what Eva ya fancy,sporting animals a sporting days his that shames has a sporting animal the difference being the one bred ta catch the other bred t merely fa sport and of course we have the pester lamping totally different but the same attitude ,no place fa softness stack the odds on killing that's what matters. Sporting no place fa that when when ones got hungry mouths to feed.atb bunnys

• Like 6