What’s you lads opinion on the best all rounder? A dog you’d expect to take all pre ban quarry. Put meat in the freezer and give the local fox population some problems. The best dog I’ve personally seen is my mates bitch, she’s saluki greyhound x deerhound greyhound, I’ve seen her take everything. Basically if you could only have one dog at your side, what would it be?

Cheers lads

Lurcher x lurcher specific breeds and crosses wouldn’t bother me as long as the parents were grafters 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, CountryCnut said:

What’s you lads opinion on the best all rounder? A dog you’d expect to take all pre ban quarry. Put meat in the freezer and give the local fox population some problems. The best dog I’ve personally seen is my mates bitch, she’s saluki greyhound x deerhound greyhound, I’ve seen her take everything. Basically if you could only have one dog at your side, what would it be?

Cheers lads

Just out of interest how many different types have you seen run? Atb

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chid said:

Lurcher x lurcher specific breeds and crosses wouldn’t bother me as long as the parents were grafters 

spot on ,:thumbs:   if i ever get another lurcher , when ever  old Bryn kicks the bucket   lol, thats what i go for , something as big as old Bryn  25in 60 lb  , he is 1x collie x grey , so he got good coat,feet, not bad stamina  knock 30 over in a night  , not a fox dog solo but  double up , great in the day marking birds/ rabbits , so for something like him but  say 1/4 pit in there to just put bit more guts for old charlie  . so basically  collie x grey x bull x grey   , but getting this type x be hard as not many lads breed  them , but that's what i think would  like  .:yes:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CountryCnut said:

Do you find them a bit heavy for hares? 

Not many hares nor deer round here mate but they can catch hares not coursing dogs tho, for foxs and Rabbits they are well suited to what I do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Just out of interest how many different types have you seen run? Atb

😂 not many. As I said last week I am pretty new to it 

• Like 1

Just for future reference, if I do ask silly questions, I’m a newbie trying to learn some stuff and get a gauge of what dogs people are running 😁👍🏻

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CountryCnut said:

Do you find them a bit heavy for hares? 

The litter me and busher have are all over the country.they've flushed hare,tracked 4 species of deer and retrieved fox and caught rabbits in the day,ferreted and lamped.all by 10 months,not too bad i thought.but then lots of different x's are doing it also.

No such thing as a best all rounder it's just personnal prefrence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

The litter me and busher have are all over the country.they've flushed hare,tracked 4 species of deer and retrieved fox and caught rabbits in the day,ferreted and lamped.all by 10 months,not too bad i thought.but then lots of different x's are doing it also.

No such thing as a best all rounder it's just personnal prefrence.

Sound like top dogs mate, what x are they? 

Just now, CountryCnut said:

Sound like top dogs mate, what x are they? 

They are mate,there the best on here.:whistling:

3/8 5/8 bull/grey x pure grey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haha mines a bag a shit lol, most said they won't be up to it poor stamina, out of a untested grey bla bla bla but for dogs that are just 12 month old they all done OK so far

• Like 1
  • Haha 1