leasing a car

lots of veriables.....but when you think of the depreciation on a new motor....leasing a car for 3 years...owt goes wrong and its fixed foc.....deffo worth it.....need a good credit rating to qualifi

If you've got any dinks or scratches on it, get them sorted before the end of the lease. They go over the car and charge you for every little blemish. A scuffed wheel that costs them £30 to fix, they charge £125. A scratch that t-cuts out - £100 etc.

Mines over 4 yrs , cars only 2yr old and it’s worth less than 1/2 of what I’m paying for it .. 

been in the garage for the last 8 week , over £1700 parts and 29 hrs labour and they supplied us with a hire car from europcar for the duration and I didn’t have to pay a penny .. bit of a bitch it breaking down with it being new but least I didn’t have to pay for it 

I've been looking into it.I lost £3700 in 18months with my last motor with stuff going tits up which cost a bomb.Motor before that I spent 2 grand on it in just under 2years and sold it for a grand under what I paid for it.Im thinking I might as well have a brand new motor that I just send back if anything goes wrong and I know exactly what it's going to cost each year.Just need to have a chat with my accountant as I'm sure I'll save an extra bit on tax too as it won't be classed as an asset like a vehicle that you own is.

It's a fools route I know a young couple on the verge of losing there home as they are trapped in contracts for cars and can't afford there home, no company does anything that will profit the customer more than the company and when people tell you it's not costing them a penny they are lying because you are non stop paying, I know of many people that got trapped in this shit system all have got out of it after one or two motors regretting ever signing upto it in the first place, if you are self employed it can be a bit better as you can claim more back against your tax by leasing than owning, but you are still better off owning your own motor in lots of ways, also realise that all the people telling you it's great have already signed there life away and will be reluctant to admit there mistake so will highlight the positives and gloss over the negatives, sorry I,m offline for a few days so will miss the backlash but my advice is ,DONT DO IT, ITS A FOOLS GAME, IF YOU WANT A NEW CAR WORK HARD, SAVE HARD AND BUY IT, 

• Like 5

I would be happy to do it but if you have a lot of no claims bonus it might be best to have a good think first.

From your policy finishing you have a max of 2 years to reuse ncb or there lost. The lease is a 3 year contract and i would lose 14 years ncb.

Not the b all and end all but it would matter to me