Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blackmissiles

Deerhound / Greyhound

Recommended Posts

On 22/12/2017 at 10:38, MIK said:

Yes he is still alive fully retired in front of the fire .....he was put over his daughter Kim early last year the bitch that razor went over a few years ago and we have 2 pups up here that are 1/2 way through there first season and are flying ....

Would this be Kim that’s in Pup now ? Or a different bitch.

Share this post


Link to post

On 24 December 2017 at 23:38, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed on your points mate and I only ever speak from experience 

my cousin had a deerhound x that was probably the worst tempered dog in the world , it was also a shithouse of the highest calibre 

31 ins of coward ,

would arse grab foxes doubled up ,  

wouldn’t look at anything until it was nearly two years old , 

attacked other dogs and was predictably killed by a bull cross and a lab in a kennel fight . 

After him I saw a very well bred sal grey x bull grey who made the whole spectrum of quarry look easy day and night. Very much the epitome of an old west stag hound

I would say that a well bred collie type would do most of the jobs I had a dig at comfortably . 

Although id disagree over the maturity,  a deerhound x is nowhere near physically mature to run at 12 months  old . 

 

 

Comparing a saluki bull grey to deerhound grey ain't really a fare comparison?  If you was looking to compare a deer grey to a saluki as an alrounder I personally think the deer grey is a better alrounder for killing reds and stinkers a swell as catching rabbits and hare

how many can say they have seen a saluki grey love going into reds and stinkers without having bull in them ? Maybe the odd 1 or 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, lad101 said:

Comparing a saluki bull grey to deerhound grey ain't really a fare comparison?  If you was looking to compare a deer grey to a saluki as an alrounder I personally think the deer grey is a better alrounder for killing reds and stinkers a swell as catching rabbits and hare

how many can say they have seen a saluki grey love going into reds and stinkers without having bull in them ? Maybe the odd 1 or 2

Few people on this planet acknowledge or recognise,more than me,what the deerhound brings to the table,if i had a choice of a Deerhound/grey or a Saluki-bull-Grey hybrid id pass on the Deerhound x.Deerhounds now are a very pale shadow of what they where,source me a lurcher to lurcher bred Deerhoundy with a work ethic over a KC arse wipe of paper and id not touch a Saluki-Bull-Grey.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, morton said:

Few people on this planet acknowledge or recognise,more than me,what the deerhound brings to the table,if i had a choice of a Deerhound/grey or a Saluki-bull-Grey hybrid id pass on the Deerhound x.Deerhounds now are a very pale shadow of what they where,source me a lurcher to lurcher bred Deerhoundy with a work ethic over a KC arse wipe of paper and id not touch a Saluki-Bull-Grey.

FEW PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET :icon_eek: You been drinking again Morton, lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, scottish hare hunter said:

My 3/4 x 

9C7C9EB5-B0E9-44B7-98EB-E0DC240FF1D3.jpeg

I've got a nose bleed looking at that big open country I can't even see a warehouse old tyres or anything 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, scottish hare hunter said:

My 3/4 x 

9C7C9EB5-B0E9-44B7-98EB-E0DC240FF1D3.jpeg

Big sky country :thumbs: looks fantastic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, scottish hare hunter said:

There from yesterday’s walk.  Love it out there there’s a couple more 

173D1C10-1D93-47C1-B9CD-476022E44893.jpeg

4830F70B-C6BC-44E7-B5FA-2745619D693C.jpeg

17295998-02BA-4D5C-8517-57D72F1A8CB4.jpeg

C24FBA88-CEFC-4964-89EA-4DE8E6161974.jpeg

No fly tipped kitchen units or even a standard shopping trolley wi the pound smashed out , what sort of wierd place is that

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scottish hare hunter said:

😂. It’s somthing else. Plenty about aswell. Only coverd about 17-18 miles yesterday 

If I walked that distance I'd get ran over 18 times round here

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What game do you get to see in that strange burnt out car free place

Seen abit 130 + reds. Loads wild goats. Plenty big hill foxes about.  White hares  could walk around there for days and not see a road 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...