Christmas stress

10 turkeys in the barn being fattened up... (looks like we're having turkey all year lol)..

18 round for dinner, I love everyone round, I enjoy cooking and the mrs must love cleaning behind me as she does a good job of it..

my mrs, my daughter and my bday all in December... it's not a cheap month for this house!!

• Like 3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my god.......call the United Nations!!  Im Sorry, I don’t recognise any of the above senarios because I was actually born a man ! 

Think I will get the wife couple of nice fishing reels then, "If your not going to use them i would better take them out". Lol Cheers Arry

I wouldn't have none of that nonsense mate.takeing the tv remote is as bad as kicking a man's dog.lol.  

Posted Images

Although there is a financial cost aspect, that is not really a concern.  Basically the day seems to revolve around the blokes turning up and being here and the women getting into organisation mode and hurding the assembly to the desired place at that time in between meals of bloat portions. We, the blokes usually take the dogs out for a walk in the afternoon to give the dogs a bit of exercise and settle our dinner and slacken springs before going back into the melee. Luckily every year has gone off ok without any nastiness or conflict which could be a problem cramming so many people, children and dogs into a pressurised situation. Personally I would rather be out in the rain with the dog and let the women and kids get on with it. 

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Some right cheery fcukers on here? bunch miserable cnuts I hope you’s all get a burnt dinner:laugh:

If it's burnt it will be my fault ,I'm cooking for 10,though not sure if youngest stepsons best mates moved in as he's been sleeping here since Friday ?

Buy loads of food Christmas eve. Cook all the joints same day. Prep all veg etc crimbo eve as well. Just do a massive buffet Christmas day and let everyone help themselves for 24hrs....just top up with fresh chips, wedges, roasties etc every 2 hours. Piece of piss. There's millions of turkeys and turkey crowns available on Christmas eve. Do your present shopin ASAP. 

Pack everyone in and retire to a quiet corner with my book. 

No stress we off to Spain , driving down , taking the dog , ferry booked and paid for , everything sorted ..:yahoo:....EXCEPT THE FCUKING TRUCK BROKE DOWN TODAY .....:cray:...had it picked up , they plugged it in ...it showed .nothing ..there going to have a proper look at it Friday when they get some time ...am I panicking ...am I stressed ....YES .. Big time ..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Stress only starts when inlaws arrive ? mum inlaw takes over the tv on full volume with laptop & mobile phone on her lap & Father inlaw gives a non stop verbal commentary on every program thats on tv??!! Keep tryin to tell him we know whats going on coz were watching the same shit he is!!! Ffs There coming for a whole week this year? If i go off to another room to read or watch something else i get called miserable twat.... cant win!! I tend to walk dogs alot over xmas period ?. As for pressies my Mrs is very good sorts the lot ?. Happy days & A Good Xmas to all. Atb

13 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Stress only starts when inlaws arrive ? mum inlaw takes over the tv on full volume with laptop & mobile phone on her lap & Father inlaw gives a non stop verbal commentary on every program thats on tv??!! Keep tryin to tell him we know whats going on coz were watching the same shit he is!!! Ffs There coming for a whole week this year? If i go off to another room to read or watch something else i get called miserable twat.... cant win!! I tend to walk dogs alot over xmas period ?. As for pressies my Mrs is very good sorts the lot ?. Happy days & A Good Xmas to all. Atb

I wouldn't have none of that nonsense mate.takeing the tv remote is as bad as kicking a man's dog.lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Well, reading through the replies, there seems to be a fair amount of non involvement in a lot of cases. I just hate the fact of being hurded along by this sort of social expectation and the women getting into organisation stress mode and me being cast in the misserable git situation. All I want is a sensible, reasonably quiet day. Roll on the days after Christmas. I have decided to retire and a woman up the road who shoots very well wants a shooting buddy so I look forward to warmer days and lots of clays. And walking the dog into the sunset

The only stress is getting something for wifey, does my head in every year. Usually have a brain wave but it hasn't happened yet. She always says oh don't buy me any thing. Yea right woe betide the man that believes that. Lol

Cheers Arry

• Haha 4