Big Cat Spotters etc .

29 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Either way from what I remember the pic Ken saw he believed it COULD be a cat but there is still no proof they exist wild in the uk

Maybe theirs no granite proof out there to convince people but they're is a suspicion.  Now im assuming you and me are having a conversation here and not just me with you on the wind up.  The tooth pit analysis that comes from dead deer that it's claimed are identical to big cats . If that is true then there is some sort of proof there.  

I don't claim to know their there but I'd love to know one way or another 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, up until a couple of years ago I would have been with all the nay Sayers, they didn't exist in the wild in the uk unless it happened to be an escaped one from public/private collection and even

Nothing to do with cats but that reminded me of a story I read a couple of days ago,maybe sometime soon a big cat and the farmers skeletons will be found.................  

Dunno about medical help. Maybe a crash course on photography might help though lol 

Posted Images

Escapes do happen or should I say did happen more in the past.

Lack of attention and drunken men have been the cause of the death of people and animals in my State, there is a famous incident where a circus visited and stayed in Adelaide, I think the area was Wingfield and it was in the 1960's when I was very young. (1964)

As far as I remember the Lion keeper went to a pub and left instructions to some one regarding feeding the Cats, the keeper returned and was drunk, the carer had been killed the cage door open and a male lion outside of it, female inside. Police attended and they decided to shoot the lion as two men were now dead the keeper also. A local Gunshop owner Bill Hambly Clark heard of it and head down with an auto shotgun and the police had a 303 with military ammo. I suspect the police may have shot the Cat and Bill finished it, he purchased the Cat from the Circus and had it stuffed. Placing it in his shop and bragging that it was his shooting that resolved the problem. It was quite a news story in its day.

I actually remember seeing that stuffed lion in that shop in the  late 1980's, never knew the story about it until6 years ago, from the Sargent that attended the scene on the day, he was giving a talk at one of the shooting organisations both he and I are members of.

There has been a number of versions told - mine is of what I have recalled from memory, Bill knew how to Market him self to the Newspapers of the day.  :laugh::laugh:

1964-SA-lion.jpg.2fc92d9ba5d081214c3f3d1d4cc5b951.jpg

of December 1964 Police are satisfied that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of a animal keeper at a Wingfield Circus camp in…

ADELAIDE HISTORY.... Bill Hambley-Clark". "In 1964 some lions escape from a visiting circus, having killed one of the keepers and mauled a couple of other people. The lions were roaming around the suburbs.... FOUR CIRCUS LIONS ESCAPED FROM THEIR CAGE AT WINGFIELD IN ADELAIDE AFTER KILLING THEIR KEEPER. THREE OF THE LIONS WERE SHOT DEAD BY "BILL HAMBLEY CLARK" AND POLICE OFFICERS. ONE OF THE LIONS "RINGO" WAS SPARED AND WAS LATER KISSED BY LOCAL TEENAGER "CAROL ELLIOTT" DURING THE CIRCUS STAY IN ADELAIDE. 1964.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Maybe theirs no granite proof out there to convince people but they're is a suspicion.  Now im assuming you and me are having a conversation here and not just me with you on the wind up.  The tooth pit analysis that comes from dead deer that it's claimed are identical to big cats . If that is true then there is some sort of proof there.  

I don't claim to know their there but I'd love to know one way or another 

I' not on the wind up red but would you or I know the difference? 

What but find odd is that there are the few in the know and everyone who disbelieves is either in on the conspiracy or non open minded.

Watch this 

this is meant to be a big cat expert yet he' an absolute quack, he recons a leopard is stealing Carp from a lake and many other fairy tales

23 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

What but find odd is that there are the few in the know and everyone who disbelieves is either in on the conspiracy or non open minded.

Watch this 

this is meant to be a big cat expert yet he' an absolute quack

This fella is worse.....

On 27/11/2017 at 22:20, South hams hunter said:

Watch this 

this is meant to be a big cat expert yet he' an absolute quack, he recons a leopard is stealing Carp from a lake and many other fairy tales

I seen that video on the other thread . He does sound a bit "eccentric" and im not sure how his evidence would stand up to science or his claims to a non believer. 

But I wouldn't cast every big cat spotter as the same as him . He's the very tip of the scale . 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I seen that video on the other thread . He does sound a bit "eccentric" and im not sure how his evidence would stand up to science or his claims to a non believer. 

But I wouldn't cast every big cat spotter as the same as him . He's the very tip of the scale . 

I get what your saying red but he is using the only types of evidence they have. Fox shit in his freezer and a photo album of scratch marks on trees, they have f**k all and the more you look the worse it is

2 hours ago, scothunter said:

No it isnt to much to ask in this era of technology. 

Maybe but if they are a very very small number surely you can see how it would be very hard to get one on camera . Theirs vast areas of the UK that don't have cameras on them . Unless something is looking for something then why would cameras be there. Theirs woodland and farm land everywhere around me and I'd guess their is next to zero cameras on them 

I've seen zero hard evidence and I approach the subject like a sceptic. If something looks shit I won't believe it . All videos I've seen arnt enough to 100% convince me at all . But on the flip side I wouldn't rule it out 100% either