No Pork Products In School

My sons school has a kind of a healthy eating policy. No packets of crips, chocolate or fizzy drinks etc........

I think it's quite a good thing, some people will feed their kids absolute garbage. Today my 4 year old took his sandwiches, plus raw red pepper, olives, some celery & plain water......;-)

There's only one fat kid in the school & they are American! Haha.....

Raw pepper, olives and celery !

How very middle class........did Tristram and Cressida also have Pimm's on the lawn...?

;)

We normally just play croquet on the lawn.......;-)

That's those funny potato things isn't it,how do you play that,see who throws it the farthest or do you roll them down a hill?
  • Like 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's a genuine health thing I'm all in favour, if it's some kind of appeasement to non pork eaters I'm dead against it........That all I can say....

I hear you mate but I'd take a fair bet that it's got very little to do with improving general health. If they want to improve the health of kids make it so that only 1 parent has to work to afford t

Here's a start, parents.....buy a football not FIFA16 !!

When it would appear that a third of 10 and 11 years old's are overweight we are in need of a broad front to start to address this problem and that needs to include schools, with the involvement of parents of course, so don't see what all the fuss is.

Perhaps a few on here could do with as few less pies :laugh:

• Like 1

When it would appear that a third of 10 and 11 years old's are overweight we are in need of a broad front to start to address this problem and that needs to include schools, with the involvement of parents of course, so don't see what all the fuss is.

Perhaps a few on here could do with as few less pies :laugh:

There is no ban on corned beef pasties or steak pies or chicken drummers etc .......

• Like 1

This is how i see it. There are fat people and there are thin people. Why do the thin people suffer a ban because of the fat people?

We bang on like f**k about not infringing the liberties of the decent members of communities that are a hotbed of crime. We can't apply broad punitive measures to them for the greater protection of society. And yet when it comes to unhealthy people, that lets face it are very easily identified as the problem individuals within a community, we do exactly that and make the whole of society suffer for it!

Total bollocks.

• Like 2

My kids live on raw veg and fruit, but still get plenty of juicy burgers and pizza. My mother always says as long as they get the good stuff they can eat the bad stuff too lol.

I think if you make those kinds of foods the exception rather than the norm, then you're on the right track..........bad eating is mostly down to being bone idle I think.....

This is how i see it. There are fat people and there are thin people. Why do the thin people suffer a ban because of the fat people?

We bang on like f**k about not infringing the liberties of the decent members of communities that are a hotbed of crime. We can't apply broad punitive measures to them for the greater protection of society. And yet when it comes to unhealthy people, that lets face it are very easily identified as the problem individuals within a community, we do exactly that and make the whole of society suffer for it!

Total bollocks.

Encouraging parents to feed their kids healthier food is total bollocks?

Total bollocks.

No, forcing them to at the expense of others is.

Total bollocks.

I hear you mate but I'd take a fair bet that it's got very little to do with improving general health.

If they want to improve the health of kids make it so that only 1 parent has to work to afford to live so that the other can cook a proper meal with ingridients they have had time to shop for at proper greengrocers and butchers instead of some shite they picked up at the take a way or pre packed in Tesco because mum and dad didn't manage to get off the train until 7pm !!

• Like 6

Total bollocks.

No, forcing them to at the expense of others is.

If the whole school is doing the same, then what's the problem? It's not just about fat & thin, bad diets cause all kinds of other problems in kids. You've only got to look at those fat fcuks in America to realise encouraging kids to eat healthy at an early stage could have all kinds of benefits......

• Like 1

Total bollocks.

I hear you mate but I'd take a fair bet that it's got very little to do with improving general health.

If they want to improve the health of kids make it so that only 1 parent has to work to afford to live so that the other can cook a proper meal with ingridients they have had time to shop for at proper greengrocers and butchers instead of some shite they picked up at the take a way or pre packed in Tesco because mum and dad didn't manage to get off the train until 7pm !!

I get ya but people wouldn't choose that even if they had the choice, in fact many do and they do not choose that. Who want's to live in a 3 bed terraced and drive a ten year old car and never go abroad but have an 'old fashioned family life' when they could have a couple 3yr old cars, a 3 bed semi with garage and a fortnight in Spain every year with the only cost being both have to work?

These schemes might be well intentioned (or not) but imo it amounts to a load of nothing at everyone's expense.

• Like 1

Total bollocks.

it only takes a few minutes to make a healthy packed lunch,

• Like 3

Total bollocks.

it only takes a few minutes to make a healthy packed lunch,

.....& few minutes more to buy it ;-)

Depends what folk value I suppose mate, idiots are sold the lie that all that on the never, never is happiness and success.......and I suppose for some it is but ultimately it's kids that suffer.

• Like 1