terrier breeding rules, don't breed from a young bitch, don't breed from an old bitch, don't use an unrelated dog, don't breed to tight, never breed from a sounder, never use a mute one, avoid undershot, bad jacket or pricked ears, need two holes to get your quarry, don't breed, fox only, forget it, and if you've no big names in the pedigree just make some up.

• Like 7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The famous terrier or dog thing is an American thing and , sorry, but 99 % of the Yanks have the whole working terrier game arse ways. And I've been corresponding with American terrier men since 2001

I'm sure that's the picture that was put up off Toddy

Some f***ing hypocrites on here. No matter what pictures go up somebody complaines iv seen worse pictures in books that lads on here read like fukcing Bibles. It's a hunting site. Get down off yer hig

Posted Images

terrier breeding rules, don't breed from a young bitch, don't breed from an old bitch, don't use an unrelated dog, don't breed to tight, never breed from a sounder, never use a mute one, avoid undershot, bad jacket or pricked ears, need two holes to get your quarry, don't breed, fox only, forget it, and if you've no big names in the pedigree just make some up.

f**k man we are all f****d

Best thing to do I find is try dogs and bitches doubled up and whatever 2 work the best together then theyre obviously a match made hardly rocket science is it

Good post made me laugh but sadly true and has been from the year dot.

Fat man I found myself in a similar situation few yrs back, had a solid working bitch but only a young dog to line her. It gave me a dog or two to dig the following few seasons but I wouldn't do it again, travelled and sourced a good working sire this time around. Fingers crossed these pups do the job and this time I won't have that doubt in the back of my head. Ultimately it's down to the lad who's dogs they are...so long as they are honest then it's down to you if you want to take a chance on them. I'm glad it worked out for you. Atb dc

Fat man I found myself in a similar situation few yrs back, had a solid working bitch but only a young dog to line her. It gave me a dog or two to dig the following few seasons but I wouldn't do it again, travelled and sourced a good working sire this time around. Fingers crossed these pups do the job and this time I won't have that doubt in the back of my head. Ultimately it's down to the lad who's dogs they are...so long as they are honest then it's down to you if you want to take a chance on them. I'm glad it worked out for you. Atb dc

DC,i was in a different situation,i had access to dogs related to my bitch and had a choice of stud for her.The man that bred her and owned the dogs in question actually advised me to use a certain dog on her and he was right on cue,we even done a repeat mating a couple of year later but unfortunatly out of a litter of 6 only 1 bitch survived,they got that puppy syndrome disease,the bitch that lived is just gone 2 year old and has been dug to a good bit so far so looks like the repeat mating worked again.

• Like 4

I'm on it myself mate it's so much easier than using 1 you can save so much time and get more done

We both know one of those, prick even got his name on a book

? who would this be I wonder...its quite a common thing in mid Wales I notice ?

• Like 1

I know of two very well known pros who wouldn't think twice of doubling up .Had a lucky escape from using a dog last Autumn that is used doubled, owner full of shit and luckily backed out at last minute .Despite what we all think happens there are lads with substandard dogs that only stay when doubled up .It's cringy and embarrassing to watch BUT it does seperate those that make do, very clearly, from those who want the best and except no other .

• Like 2

I know of two very well known pros who wouldn't think twice of doubling up .Had a lucky escape from using a dog last Autumn that is used doubled, owner full of shit and luckily backed out at last minute .Despite what we all think happens there are lads with substandard dogs that only stay when doubled up .It's cringy and embarrassing to watch BUT it does seperate those that make do, very clearly, from those who want the best and except no other .

There's a local hunt terrier man near us total knacker doubles up there was talks of 4 dropped in an earth after they dug 3 holes for nothing lol. Suppose it's nice to work them as a full litter at once

so that's what they mean [BANNED TEXT] they say great parents. All the litters working

On the few occasions I've been out with a hound pack, I witnessed very similar, that's why I have no interest in digging/following any. I dig for pest control and my own pleasure not to put sport in front of some obnoxious bunch of fat f**k wits on horse back... Atb dc

• Like 2