• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The famous terrier or dog thing is an American thing and , sorry, but 99 % of the Yanks have the whole working terrier game arse ways. And I've been corresponding with American terrier men since 2001

I'm sure that's the picture that was put up off Toddy

Some f***ing hypocrites on here. No matter what pictures go up somebody complaines iv seen worse pictures in books that lads on here read like fukcing Bibles. It's a hunting site. Get down off yer hig

Posted Images

The famous terrier or dog thing is an American thing and , sorry, but 99 % of the Yanks have the whole working terrier game arse ways.

And I've been corresponding with American terrier men since 2001.

You's bring on this famous dog thing from the dog fighting game. You's have your Hall Of Fame and your R.O.M. and it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Dog fighting takes place in front of an audience and I'll presume that means everyone there sees what happened.

But in the terrier world a lot of great terriers will work for maybe 8 or 9 seasons with maybe less than 10 people having witnessed how good they were.

SO, that means the terrier game relies on the honesty of men, and there ain't a whole lot of that around.

neil there are glory whores everywhere not just us yanks , I think it's as big as a thing on your side as here. With that said yes there are lots of them type here and I'm a believer that the ex bulldog guys that get into terriers here in the states are ruining things as they don't really understand hunting and I'm sure we'll have a few posting their so called knowledge now lol.. The hall of fame is bs and everyone with a hof dog knows that. We do have good dogs here and plenty of people who really hunt properly that choose not to be in the spotlight. Really pics and stories are our only way of seeing or hearing about the dogs we have, I know I like seeing some pics from the line I have but that's me. I think more importantly than pics and stories is hunt your dogs and it will tell you all you need to hear and see. Good topic uru

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ,I wont argue with any of what you say because I think you're agreeing with me. Off course there's good terriers and terriermen in the States.

Like I said right at the start,maybe famous wasn't the right word.But for you to tell me it's an American thing all about peddling and $$$,I have to say you are wrong at least about my intention on this thread JMHO.

Do you think I am the only one that wondered what this or that dog looked like?Totally and completely unrelated to anything Ive ever had,have or will have?

Have you never wanted to know about the features of a certain dog youve been told about or read about?

If thats the case,why even put pictures in a book and not simply tell stories?

Im sure there are plenty that fit your scenario

But my intentions are plain and simple curiosity on this.

Yes, you could have worded your original post differently and left the word "famous" out.

And I agree, you boys over there haven't got all the peddlers and sad to say some of you's even get robbed by peddlers from our country. Sad to say but some of the biggest thieves in this game are not just dog thieves but those who send pups over to you's and the Brits that are not bred the way they say they are and from known curs too, for good ££££ or $$$$$$$$$$.

An embarrassment on good Irish dog men IMO but thankfully they're now known as jokes.

And I agree too that if I had to start all over again and got some pups who turned into workers I would want to do my homework and find out everything about them. Personally, photos wouldn't matter one f**k, they're just photos. I'd be more interested in dealing with someone with a good honest reputation.

From good honest men you'll get a good honest pedigree.

• Like 4

A few dogs I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of would be the old frank Stacey dogs I have always heard he had great dogs , any pics of his Satan dog, gravel or the Simon dog he bred that later went to kg or the demon dog? Or any pics of the Bruce woodcock dogs ? Or the Black and Tan dog Rex

• Like 1

Them pics should be taken down

your right u read some shite on here saying Facebook and other groups be the ruining of terrier work f***ing edjit's talking about preban and then others talking about bulldogs fighting

Not 1 thing wrong with mentioning preban on a thread,a lot of lads have dug preban when it was legal to do so,fighting dogs should be talked-wrote about on a different site,im sure there is Pitbull sites on the www.This thing of puting up pics of broke up terriers well thats up to the individual that does so but it proves nothing about a dog,i have seen first hand dogs smashed up badly but it was more from neglect from there owners than the actuall work they had done,no after care when worked.I have also witnessed terriers take punishment while working,its goes with the job they do and when lifted from a dig look a right mess but with the right after care in a few days there right as rain again and all they want is work again.I have always said that no one can make a dog work,if a terrier does not want to go to ground it wont,the ones that do love what there at regardless of whats in store for them.

• Like 12

Them pics should be taken down

your right u read some shite on here saying Facebook and other groups be the ruining of terrier work f***ing edjit's talking about preban and then others talking about bulldogs fighting

Not 1 thing wrong with mentioning preban on a thread,a lot of lads have dug preban when it was legal to do so,fighting dogs should be talked-wrote about on a different site,im sure there is Pitbull sites on the www.This thing of puting up pics of broke up terriers well thats up to the individual that does so but it proves nothing about a dog,i have seen first hand dogs smashed up badly but it was more from neglect from there owners than the actuall work they had done,no after care when worked.I have also witnessed terriers take punishment while working,its goes with the job they do and when lifted from a dig look a right mess but with the right after care in a few days there right as rain again and all they want is work again.I have always said that no one can make a dog work,if a terrier does not want to go to ground it wont,the ones that do love what there at regardless of whats in store for them.
I agree who gives two shits about the pit bull talk, it should be moved to another section or better yet a new site as a hunting dog and pit bulls purpose are two different things and as shovel shy said this I a hunting site
  • Like 2