Sub 12Ft/lbs V F.a.c. Inc Calibre Question.

Oh dear, the rice paper.

Phil, I have asked some questions and repeated some statements from a well known magazine, " Air Gunner",- nothing more, nothing less.

If you are so knowledgeable to call that magazine and it`s contents " bog paper", well that`s fine by me.

I have no opposition to fac whatsoever but I am interested in the in between, fac air.

I have asked, in the past, would the use of fieldcraft/ getting a lot closer, be a lot more beneficial than lengthening range ? I don`t see how that is an affront to anyone. Sound familiar ?

Shotguns ? Who`s mentioned shot guns ?

I have simply asked some questions about fac air, I note that those people who are long term fac holders will give opinions and advice and have the craic.

I also note that those, not long in holding an fac ticket, seem to take affront,- " why" ?

I will continue to ask questions and advice about anything I please, regardless of any unwanted and unneeded hostility and hopefully get answers and a laugh also.

Mark.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Total untrue Mitch , some times twats are useful, lol Any way mark art school for yo pal , your rabbit looks more like a kangaroo with no neck ! Atb mate

"PCP all the way"   Let's be totally honest here. This is a comment from someone who does not shoot with a spring rifle and, if he ever did, it was probably not a successful venture into shooting wi

Don't always believe what you read in these mags .   They tell you not to shoot past 35 yards with a air gun   Take note with the shooters which have fac air and check it out using chairgun ,you

Posted Images

Both are good if one has the confidence that one should have in any Air Rifle. Some will never be eligible for FAC, are they missing out? Those who have FAC do better?

Ether one will do the job without any fuss within it's kill zone and designated environment. Sub Twelve Foot Pounds Air Rifles are more versatile and are useable in many more situations than their FAC Brothers?

Each are very good, and if one has a choice, then who am I to say this and not that.

Any half decent all manual camera with a good lens will do the job if one is a Photographer. Just my opinion.

All the very best

• Like 1

FAC air is awesome. Iv had 70+ yard rabbits ect with mine and the flatter trajectory makes night time shooting a lot easier. The extra impact from the added power is also a big confidence booster. I would recommend trying one you would love it.

• Like 1

This is an interesting subject. But can I just ask, with .177 in fac I've read, can't remember where, that once past 900 fps it loses stability/accuracy, but .20 or .22 are not affected as much, making them a better calibre for fac. That right?

• Like 1

This is an interesting subject. But can I just ask, with .177 in fac I've read, can't remember where, that once past 900 fps it loses stability/accuracy, but .20 or .22 are not affected as much, making them a better calibre for fac. That right?

Watch this...

Watch this...

Excellent that, thanks :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm always interested to read this debate when it comes up. I consider my guns to be tools and I try to use the right tool for the right job. I sold my air rifle (sub 12) some time ago as the stuff I do doesn't require one..

There might be a time in the future when I need one again but I don't at the moment. If and when I do I'll weigh up the pros and cons of FAC as I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get one added to my ticket. I like the sound of an adjustable one as above, where you can turn it down for indoor use and up again for outdoors. Seems the perfect solution to me with the best of both worlds. :thumbs:

As far as who would or wouldn't get one, surely it's a case of what suits you and your needs? I regularly shoot my 22lr and equally regularly my 308 and several calibres in between, depending on the quarry and location. I don't feel I'm cheating by using a bigger calibre because I can shoot from further away. Most of my shots are well within 200 yards, more likely 150. I wouldn't shoot rabbits with a centrefire normally or a deer with a rimfire. It's horses for courses.

• Like 1

Another point that made me sit up and listen was this,

The sub 12 ft/lbs .177 A Arms S410 launches the AA Field pellet at 770 ft/sec with a zero distance of 37 yds, set this way the pellet is within 1/2" inch, above or below bulls eye ( line of sight) from 10 - 41 yds.

THE FAC, high powered A Arms S410 .22 cal, will do the same from 10.5 yds - 47.5 yds.

So " at these ranges" could I assume, it`s not really worth going F.A.C. air ?

If you hit the vitals with sub 12 ft/lbs or 30 ft/lbs muzzle energy, shot in the head, it`s dead !

After 50 yds , could I assume, becomes fac territory ?

After 60 - 65 yds becomes say .22 rimfire territory, then .17 hmr etc, etc.( I`m sure the rimmy lads will tell us if req`)

So unless your shooting an " air cannon" would I be correct in thinking that the real differences in range would be around 10 - 20 yds tops ?

Hitting that £1 coin at 60 - 65 yds must be harder than hitting it at a max` of 41 yds in fac air, as a slight side wind must still hit hard at 900 ft/sec ( not as much I expect)

Thanks for any thoughts or advice lads,

No offence meant or intended to anyone thank you.

Mark.

Ah, just what I was looking for Tom, thank you mate.

FAC air is awesome. Iv had 70+ yard rabbits ect with mine and the flatter trajectory makes night time shooting a lot easier. The extra impact from the added power is also a big confidence booster. I would recommend trying one you would love it.

Little difference between sub 12 .177 and a 30 ft/lbs fac to 50 yds + with good placement but the fac .22 kicks in after say 50 yds out to 70 yds ?

Watch this...

Thanks lads.

Oh dear, the rice paper.

Phil, I have asked some questions and repeated some statements from a well known magazine, " Air Gunner",- nothing more, nothing less.

If you are so knowledgeable to call that magazine and it`s contents " bog paper", well that`s fine by me.

I have no opposition to fac whatsoever but I am interested in the in between, fac air.

I have asked, in the past, would the use of fieldcraft/ getting a lot closer, be a lot more beneficial than lengthening range ? I don`t see how that is an affront to anyone. Sound familiar ?

I have simply asked some questions about fac air, I note that those people who are long term fac holders will give opinions and advice and have the craic.

I also note that those, not long in holding an fac ticket, seem to take affront,- " why" ?

I will continue to ask questions and advice about anything I please, regardless of any unwanted and unneeded hostility and hopefully get answers and a laugh also.

Mark.

How will you measure the in between? Dead is dead. The only difference I notice between 11.5lb and 28lb in .22 is the flatter trajectory on the 28, both poundages flatten rabbits. The 28lb is a fair bit louder.

• Like 1

Oh dear, the rice paper.

Mark.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

post-61215-0-77799700-1501864125_thumb.jpg

• Like 3