• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I am a naysayer, doesn't mean the subject doesn't interest me though. 

I've always said that it's possible that there's been the odd escapee or released animal, I just don't believe there's breeding populations like Greyman suggests.

exactly my feelings on the subject Greb...

• Like 2

Redington glad we seem to have established you are your own man welcome back  The police always say they believe it escaped, but can’t say were from and no one reported loosing one, it’s happened several times since, it’s no more proof of being an escapee as it is a wild lynx which is exactly why a clear photo or a body on there own mean nothing, it’s about building a full case, also in the world of big cat research Danny Brampton is a prick to be avoided just has lots of shilling but if you try and go on his site it’s been inactive for years because no one wants to be involved with him  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Dog.

I like how these people can determine that it's a hybrid Jaguar. ?

Your right it is a dog mate and as I,ve said a lot of times we don’t have jaguars in the uk, they could not go un noticed, I can identify a large feline footprint but no more than that I sometimes have them looked at by people far more experienced than me who can sometimes tell if it’s front or rear pad and have had one that I showed and was told puma but all I can say is it’s feline,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, REDINGTON said:

What generally happens is ,somebody "claims" to see a big cat,, almost always a black one. odd really as the "black" is simply a melanistic version,  and not that common in its country of origin.

then the media get a whiff, and idiotic sensationalist headlines are forthcoming, along with the usual believers and non-believers, and a whole host of real big cat photos taken from the internet of leopards,pumas,lynx, etc.

finally a grainy photo turns up of obviously a farm moggy , or cardboard cutout or cuddly toy, and the usual ridicule follows.

and around it goes, over and over, more sightings, more dodgy pics, more ridicule,  but just like flat earthers and little green men there will be those who "want to believe".

at the end of the day, people of both camps are just looking for the Truth. "it's out there"

[apologies to mulder and scully]??

Most of the leopards in the pet trade back then came from the Malay peninsula were the melonistic leopard is the main one plus the black ones were more expensive and sought after as pets,  then lastly leopards un like jaguars breed true to colour so two blacks will only have black offspring, but jaguars will throw up spotty cubs even from black parents hence the majority of sightings are of black cats, the truth is coming slowly mate,  have just received some exciting news regarding a dead body of one shot by a farmer that has been promised to us, will let you no more if and when it’s been secured ??

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I hear of 1 or two sightings of adult and young every year, but your right the body is no proof on its own just another small peace in a big puzzle, the body has come forward through the podcast and I think as it gets more traction people sitting on good clear pics will eventually come forward and be willing to have them shown and as a group we are still getting pictures just not the 100% clear one that every one wants but as long as the cameras are out and we are learning more someone will hit the jackpot sooner or later ?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic