6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit, it doesn’t look right how it’s hung there, but why just leave one in a field and one up a tree, I had a similar incident at a zoo near me when something black jumped a 6ft electric fence and killed an ostrich, two years on an old boy I met living in a caravan in woods near the zoo confided in me it was his black dog that had done it, thanks for the heads up, as I’ve said before I’m interested in the truth so putting things like that to bed are just as helpful as getting good hits cheers ?

how hard is it to get in a zoo he was lucky it didnt end up in the lion enclosure lol 

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

how hard is it to get in a zoo he was lucky it didnt end up in the lion enclosure lol 

It’s one of those that started as a wildlife park and just got bigger, so in the past not that hard but as they have added more things the perimeter fencing has got bigger,  it also backs onto a wood that is several thousand acres, a fox got into the wolf enclosure at another zoo up the road from me last week didn’t last long but makes you question the security if a fox can get in surely things will get out ✌️

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s one of those that started as a wildlife park and just got bigger, so in the past not that hard but as they have added more things the perimeter fencing has got bigger,  it also backs onto a wood that is several thousand acres, a fox got into the wolf enclosure at another zoo up the road from me last week didn’t last long but makes you question the security if a fox can get in surely things will get out ✌️

I’d be more worried when it’s other way round ?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Any other info? The link has been removed 

Sorry just seen your post.

It was showing a young lynx taking down a mule deer in someone's back garden in Canada.  Don't know why it was removed 

Atb j 

On 05/02/2020 at 16:33, Greyman said:

Windpipe clamp mate normally throat or over the muzzle, I always look for teeth mark in these two places the jaguar uses a bite through the top of the head to kill caman, but the ones we are dealing with suffocate there prey, this deer is a bit old but the damage to the end of the nose is a good clue ✌️

EB943110-E566-4F47-9B15-7D9731729369.jpeg

On a estate where i do the terrier work there's a stalker who chucks his deer heads into a pit near a big old badger set and your'll see all the heads eaten like that with the badgers eating the soft bits first,seen many a different head like that and it's my dogs that have done it after i fed them to them so hardly good proof a big cats done that to a head...

35 minutes ago, fireman said:

On a estate where i do the terrier work there's a stalker who chucks his deer heads into a pit near a big old badger set and your'll see all the heads eaten like that with the badgers eating the soft bits first,seen many a different head like that and it's my dogs that have done it after i fed them to them so hardly good proof a big cats done that to a head...

Well, after thar puma had killed that deer in full view of all of us that watched the vid, I'd say that was conclusive evidence that these medium sized cats can and do kill pretty large prey pretty effectively

And a sheep or whatever, would be a fairly easy target for a lynx sized cat, and sheep and some of our deer species would be well within the target prey species of some of these escaped/feral cats 

Edited by shaaark
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well, after thar puma had killed that deer in full view of all of us that watched the vid, I'd say that was conclusive evidence that these medium sized cats can and do kill pretty large prey pretty effectively

I though the talk was about just the state of that head as many things will leave a half eaten head in that state..My bad if i was misunderstood in what i ment..

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic