7 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Has anyone in the UK that is keen and certain of big cats living there ever imported some trained, big cat hunting hounds. There were some blokes in Oz that imported some coonhounds for tracking pumas they had seen. They came up empty handed but they must have been convinced they were there to go to that expense.

The hound thing has been covered a few times before and I think we can agree that the uk is not practical to just run hounds as in Canada and the states but if I get another dog and that’s a big if, I will definitely train it in scat detection as that would work out well here I think ?

• Like 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Just had a quick look; they're about the size of a large dog fox or even a whippet

Screenshot_20230111-104033_Samsung Internet.jpg

Could be or could just be a house cat that’s had an accident ???

14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

weight next to nothing...

C7C5FD29-5A0D-440E-BB51-AFA4275B6BFE.jpeg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The hound thing has been covered a few times before and I think we can agree that the uk is not practical to just run hounds as in Canada and the states but if I get another dog and that’s a big if, I will definitely train it in scat detection as that would work out well here I think ?

I reckon you could train a Russell to follow puma scent, I think you can get bottles of it. The dogs they imported ended up in pig dog lines here, don't know why when they trail bark.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paulus said:

I can remember this one always appearing in the local press, even an off duty police officer spotted it twice. 

http://throughgoldeneyes.blogspot.com/2013/11/sighting-of-mysterious-big-cat-in.html

I wonder what will come first? irrefutable evidence that,shuts up the non believers,that  there is a small population of big cats living here???

Or that everyone who rolled up their sleeves for COVID jabs has had their pants pulled down and have been royalty f****d???

I think the cats personally ??

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

The flip side is why hasn’t there been a dog out walking off lead that’s either been attacked or has taken off after a cat .I don’t get nor will I ever believe that dogs are scared of puma sized or smaller cats as they wouldn’t have a clue what it was just that it smelt of cat.My dogs hate the things as do every single working terrier I’ve ever kept or known of and would definately mix it even to the death .The working lurchers Ive known would 100% want to take one on but unless all those lads are keeping quiet then it hasn’t happened .

The evidence we’ve seen thus far on here is very sketchy and based on that and the fact that some of the better” evidence “isn’t forthcoming I’m happy with my decision there arnt any .Would love there to be some ,why wouldn’t I but logic says no.

The lack of roadkill nor trail cam footage speaks volumes when beavers ,raccoons and various are picked up regular .

The studies underway by universities and wildlife bodies do not acknowledge they are about at all .Every but of sign I’ve seen put upon here as evidence is either dog or indigenous carnivore .The thermal pics we were shown earlier in the thread were definitely fox ,the latest just a large moggy .

Whatever Greyman is withholding must be bang on for him to be so convinced ??

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

The flip side is why hasn’t there been a dog out walking off lead that’s either been attacked or has taken off after a cat .I don’t get nor will I ever believe that dogs are scared of puma sized or smaller cats as they wouldn’t have a clue what it was just that it smelt of cat.My dogs hate the things as do every single working terrier I’ve ever kept or known of and would definately mix it even to the death .The working lurchers Ive known would 100% want to take one on but unless all those lads are keeping quiet then it hasn’t happened .

The evidence we’ve seen thus far on here is very sketchy and based on that and the fact that some of the better” evidence “isn’t forthcoming I’m happy with my decision there arnt any .Would love there to be some ,why wouldn’t I but logic says no.

The lack of roadkill nor trail cam footage speaks volumes when beavers ,raccoons and various are picked up regular .

The studies underway by universities and wildlife bodies do not acknowledge they are about at all .Every but of sign I’ve seen put upon here as evidence is either dog or indigenous carnivore .The thermal pics we were shown earlier in the thread were definitely fox ,the latest just a large moggy .

As i have told you via messenger, there were some out there years ago, of that i am 100% certain, But there was no evidence of them being there then either and it also a fact that things have been suppressed as far as the general public is concerned, As to populations now, well i would love to believe there are a few odd ones out there, But the reality is unless concrete evidence is produced then the best i could say is. i am sitting on the fence. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

As i have told you via messenger, there were some out there years ago, of that i am 100% certain, But there was no evidence of them being there then either and it also a fact that things have been suppressed as far as the general public is concerned, As to populations now, well i would love to believe there are a few odd ones out there, But the reality is unless concrete evidence is produced then the best i could say is. i am sitting on the fence. 

3/4 bred, or 2/3?!  ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

And the quality of today's camera phones is brilliant..and yet only shitty grainy pictures are captured..

Loads and loads of cars have dashcams.and yet zero footage..not a single cub has ever been found..

1000's of lads shooting weekly armed with £1000 + thermal spotters and scopes..most with a recording function..and still no footage..

1000's of hounds hitting the coppice and hedgerows twice a week..still nothing seen..not 1 big cat pushed out of cover..and bare cover with zero leaves etc..

1000's of fields worked by tractors in the summer evenings in every county..the drivers of them tractors haven't filmed anything..not even a big cat cub..

So the conclusion is simply..there can't be any big cats out there..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, paulus said:

Taken on board what  we discussed mate and undoubtedly they were once about but like you I don’t believe there are any left now .The myth ,the romance the grainy moggies will continue but I’d say actually concrete proof will never be available because they arnt here .

• Like 2

Instead of laughing at straight forward posts GM ,perhaps you can supply something that shows without a doubt the existence because it’s looking very sketchy ?????.

Can you also explain to me exactly what it is I’m coming down to see in the spring .If more of the same I might have to give it a miss .Genuine question .

I,m not withholding anything mate this has been said from the off I am a tiny cog in a big wheel I find my little bits and peices and pass them on as do many others around the country I share them on here and if you believe or not is up to you and once a year we all have a get together at the RAU in Cirencester and people I have never met before will be there for various reasons and will show you footage they have gathered etc I occasionally meet up with rick for a chat and a bite of lunch to discuss things we are working on and if he has been given anything sensitive he will show me at the time so though I have seen many many things I don’t own them or have them in my possession, I,m sure that one day when the time is right all will be revealed, you,l learn a bit more when we go out I,m sure mate ?

5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Instead of laughing at straight forward posts GM ,perhaps you can supply something that shows without a doubt the existence because it’s looking very sketchy ?????.

Can you also explain to me exactly what it is I’m coming down to see in the spring .If more of the same I might have to give it a miss .Genuine question .

To be honest I,m expecting you to give it a miss anyway, but all I was offering was a day or night or both out in an area that has regular sightings and I find kills and talk to locals that in many cases have seen something we can go out and just walk we may find a footprint a fresh kill if we are really lucky get a sighting but most likely we,ll see f**k all but will both hopefully learn a little bit about each other and from each other, ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic