2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, that photo maybe, but his other post comparing the sightings, numbers etc, of wallabies and big cats in britain, weak and silly.

Why is it weak and silly? there's a few isolated populations of wallabies in the UK, well known and filmed, if there were a few populations of big cats why aren't they also well documented and studied? Small populations of Pumas are studied in USA, Leopards in north Africa etc. How come ours are so elusive????

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Why is it weak and silly? there's a few isolated populations of wallabies in the UK, well known and filmed, if there were a few populations of big cats why aren't they also well documented and studied? Small populations of Pumas are studied in USA, Leopards in north Africa etc. How come ours are so elusive????

Because there isn't a large, thriving and breeding population of big cats in britain. 

A few pairings etc, over a few years, yes, more than feasible.  A thousand breeding pairs, NO.

And then you try to compare that to colonies of wallabies, that's just silly.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

One last time as I really can’t stand you, but when a video is shown to experts in there field who conclude it’s a mountain lion and a man with a minge that couldn’t hack it as a brickie so became a nurse tells me they are all wrong I wonder which one I will take notice of, now excuse me if I don’t answer any more stupid questions but my three year old grandson has more important things to say ?

Once again when I challenge your lack of evidence you fall to insults, with ad hominem attacks, (appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect. an ad hominem argument. : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made) is THE last last stand of those without evidence. PLEASE TRY TO BE A LITTLE MORE GROWN UP.

Edited by sandymere
Just now, sandymere said:

Once again when I challenge your lack of evidence you fall to insults, with ad hominem attacks, (appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect. an ad hominem argument. : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made) is last last stand of those without evidence. PLEASE TRY TO BE A LITTLE MORE GROWN UP.

Kin el, I think you need to 'follow the science' a bit less!!

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Because there isn't a large, thriving and breeding population of big cats in britain. 

A few pairings etc, over a few years, yes, more than feasible.  A thousand breeding pairs, NO.

But it would appear we are supposed to have hundreds of big cats which is a pretty big population.

49 minutes ago, greg64 said:

i don't see any animosity towards greyman at all, i think if anything he starts throwing the insults when people question his evidence 

Perhaps I phrased it wrong, I meant the animosity in general on the thread ?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I just can’t stand anything about the bloke I,m afraid mate sorry ?

Because I challenge your fundamental beliefs and cause you cognitive dissonance +++, ( According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent. The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein the individual tries to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort) basically you know deep down there should be road kill in numbers, cubs found, video evidence etc etc and there isn't..... 

• Like 1

What no big cats? Some how although they aren't one of the collated creature I think they'd get a mention ?

JOURNALS.PLOS.ORG

Wildlife-vehicle collisions are one of the main causes of mortality for wild mammals and birds in the UK. Here, using a dataset of 54,000+ records collated by a...

Even road kill is studied on this closely scrutinised highly populated little island.

Edited by sandymere
6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

What no big cats? Some how although they aren't one of the collated creature I think they'd get a mention ?

JOURNALS.PLOS.ORG

Wildlife-vehicle collisions are one of the main causes of mortality for wild mammals and birds in the UK. Here, using a dataset of 54,000+ records collated by a...

Even road kill is studied on this closely scrutinised highly populated little island.

Kin el, your computer must be gagging for a rest!!  ? ?

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Mate ,I have to say your up and down like a whores draws .

You said the other day you were convinced there are no big cats in the Uk now it’s feasible there are breeding pairs .Which is it .

• paulus locked this topic