Sandy is also a tad ignorant and struggles to see beyond what he is told, there are times of the year when there may be no cats on the moors but that would just be me making things up, big cats have been picked up on at least two occasions in the Forest of Dean during deer surveys but other times none are seen, if I gave sandy all the gear in the world he still would not be able to find anything because he wouldn’t have a clue were to start, they are drawn to different environments at different times of year governed by food, cover and weather, when I take tim out in may it’s because there is a month or so window, after that nothing until conditions are the same the following year, if these animals are born in the uk why should they act like one born in America or Kenya? They won’t because they don’t need to, ?

• Like 3

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Arry said:

Well I put up the other day on this thread Sandy a Leopard cat shot killing chickens at Widecombe -in -the Moor 1988. I myself while out on a fox shoot in the 80's was told by the owner of the land on no account do you shoot the Ocelot, call me a liar if you like but it's 100% true.

Personal I think Many Chipperfield did release 3 Pumas on Dartmoor. But I think the open Moor is not really suited to the Puma. I said I have friend and acquaintances farmers etc that have told me of their accounts and I 100% believe them, why wouldn't I. Only two of those sighting were on the edge of the Moor at Wrangaton the rest were all in the Southhams (South Devon). I think the Big Cats are more suited to the heavily wooded valleys that run up to the Moor like Fingle wood you put up the other day. Loddiswell were there has been a lot of sighting two that I know about but never reported to anybody again heavily wooded  valley on the Avon that runs up to the Moor and Avon dam.

My fishing/ferret pal seen one in laid on road of a country lane Near East Portelmouth when was taking his niece flounder fish. This was a Puma he has no doubt they both saw it, it sat up and sprang over a 6 foot Devon hedge Both liars of course imagined it or both nutters.

Also a lot of sighting at Dartmoor Zoo Sparkwell even keeper have seen them on the outside of the wire but of course Liars wouldn't know what a Puma was would they.

Cheers Arry

Did any of the pillars of the community you know to have seen large cats have the presence of mind to photograph any of these cats mate .

Would be interested in seeing any please .

Here's a thought. There's never any  fottage / photo's of regular leopards, Jaguars. It's always brown, black or whatever. Is this because people only released pumas and panthers, or because house cats don't come in leopard print?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Here's a thought. There's never any  fottage / photo's of regular leopards, Jaguars. It's always brown, black or whatever. Is this because people only released pumas and panthers, or because house cats don't come in leopard print?

Being honest Eddie ,have you seen any pics of big cats in this country that have satisfied your curiosity .I havnt mate .

On 05/12/2022 at 20:44, Greyman said:

Why do you need loads of dead sheep mate a naturalised cat would take one in a week to feed the Borath lynx that escaped a few years back killed 7 in days making it obvious were it was 

DF283CE4-0D86-4B05-803D-C1F88F991ED3.jpeg

1 a week is enough, one a week getting killed or going missing is going to ring alarm bells and lead to a rifle and thermal situation and a dead cat.....

How is everyone explaining the no dead bodies .... ever thing. Not even a carcass found by someone.

Big game isn’t hard to find..... 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Did any of the pillars of the community you know to have seen large cats have the presence of mind to photograph any of these cats mate .

Would be interested in seeing any please .

I said before mate all but one of the sighting were around 2000 phones if you had one had crap cameras. Not many people walk around with a zoom 35mm cameras waiting for a once in a lifetime sighting. Even now a distance photo or video is going to be grainy. I the future as cameras get better on phone I sure good footage will be forth coming.

"pillars of the community" bit sarky mate they are friends I trust, Don't suppose you have fiends if you can't trust what they say to be true.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

1 a week is enough, one a week getting killed or going missing is going to ring alarm bells and lead to a rifle and thermal situation and a dead cat.....

How is everyone explaining the no dead bodies .... ever thing. Not even a carcass found by someone.

Big game isn’t hard to find..... 

Leopard Cat kill Isle of Wight

shotleopardcat.jpg.7db94bac8311c59789c09346c68e4cd1.jpg

Leopard Cat Killed Widecombe in the Moor

leopardcat.jpg.b61663519edb76961943b45654c687b4.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Arry said:

I said before mate all but one of the sighting were around 2000 phones if you had one had crap cameras. Not many people walk around with a zoom 35mm cameras waiting for a once in a lifetime sighting. Even now a distance photo or video is going to be grainy. I the future as cameras get better on phone I sure good footage will be forth coming.

"pillars of the community" bit sarky mate they are friends I trust, Don't suppose you have fiends if you can't trust what they say to be true.

Cheers Arry

I have extremely trustworthy mates my friend but none to a man have seen any big cats yet all travel the country shooting ,fishing etc .Im not questioning trust mate just what they think they saw .Put ten people in a room ,take them out then ask them what colour was the door and youll get varied answers all from trust worthy people.

Dont get upset it mate ,its human nature . 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Leopard Cat kill Isle of Wight

shotleopardcat.jpg.7db94bac8311c59789c09346c68e4cd1.jpg

Leopard Cat Killed Widecombe in the Moor

leopardcat.jpg.b61663519edb76961943b45654c687b4.jpg

Cheers Arry

Nice pics mate but not the big cats we are lead to believe roam this island.Leopard cats are just a posh house cat mate same as bengals .Ive got a pic somewhere of one i snared here .Skinny things tbh .

Just now, foxdropper said:

Being honest Eddie ,have you seen any pics of big cats in this country that have satisfied your curiosity .I havnt mate .

Not as of yet lad, and as time goes on, it seems less and less of a possibility. 

I'd like to be wrong on that, to be honest.

27 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Not really true Eddie, and I have caught these on trail cams just incase you are interested I’ve said many times before but there are no jaguars in the wild here and black leopards breed true to type there obviously were spotty pets but the black ones were the far more desirable and will always throw black offspring the brown ones are just pumas as there has never been a melanistic puma though there was one seen recently that’s opened a lot o debate ?

4B9DA8FD-CC53-4D35-AC4C-0A8F527A0D55.png

96095BD7-B501-45A8-9B3D-9190990C3533.png

• paulus locked this topic