7 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

And none have been flushed with hounds or on a shoot......

Go back 50 or so pages, this is why it gets so fecking annoying, people on here have come forward on this thread and said they have seen them flushed by hounds but you just keep skipping anything you don't want to hear it's like being a school teacher in a ditloe school 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I find footprints or pug marks like that regularly and would,nt even bother to take a picture I log them down as a possible but know more, the so called expert could know more conclude that is a dog than I can conclude its a cat so it's  a waste of time, I,ve shown this pic before, but this is 100 percent feline, and I also have pics of it with a tape measure and the date taken its about 4" and feline so what else can it be, also taken in an area rich with sightings which adds a little more weight to it, and for those that don't know or can't be bothered to find out, it's the 3 lobes on the back of the planter pad that makes it a 100 percenter medium sized cat as there are no big cats IE tiger, lion and jaguar

image.jpeg

That's just not correct though, the third lobe is visible in some dog tracks. Another pointer towards it being a dog track is the alignment of the front two toes. They are side-by-side or very close to it in dog tracks.

44 minutes ago, mackem said:

A big cat expert says it's possible animals like pumas could be living in the wilds of West Berkshire after a man claims to have spotted one in his front garden.

For many years, there have been rumours of big cats being seen around areas like Mortimer, Burghfield Common and Calcot on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire.

On Monday, March 5, Laurence Anderson, 63, was walking down the drive of his home in Auclum Lane, Burghfield Common, when the mysterious beast "shot out" from his rhododendron bush.

He said: "It had the gait of a hare, that's what I noticed about it.

"It was moving too fast to be a cat or a dog.

"I would say it came up at least to my waist.

"It was a bit of a blur, but I got a look at its face.

"We then looked up what it could've been and I believe it's a puma.

"We have two dogs, so it's slightly worrying to think a beast like this could be living around here, as they have to eat."

Mr Anderson's wife Clare posted her husband's experience on the Burghfield Gossip Girls Facebook page, and other villagers revealed their own experiences.

Naomi Verster wrote: "My husband and I saw some passive paw prints in the snow on Saturday morning on the field above Auclum Copse and we joked about what wild animal was lurking around our house as there was no way they could have been a domestic pet's prints."

getreading contacted the University of Reading's Dr Tara Pirie, who is carrying out a study of domestic cat behaviour in the Burghfield and Mortimer areas.

Dr Pirie has also spent time in Africa studying the behaviour of big cats in the wild.

She said it was entirely possible big cats were living in the woodlands of West Berkshire, although there was very little hard evidence.

She said: "This is quite an interesting spotting.

"I would guess the most likely thing it would be is a species of cat called a Maine Coon, which is a very large breed of domestic cat, which has become popular in this country.

"But there is definitely a chance big cats could live and survive in this country."

She said it is possible the animals had been released in to the wild by people who have private collections.

She added that in Britain, animals like pumas would have no problems finding food and would be "at the top of the food chain".

She told getreading animals like pumas live for around 20 years and would be able to survive, even in very cold weather.

She said: "The way you'd know if you saw a big cat is the size, they're huge, they'd come up at least to your waist."

There have been numerous sightings of big cats and other strange animals in the Reading, Bracknell and Wokingham areas.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/big-cats-could-be-living-in-west-berkshire-after-man-spots-puma-in-garden/

Big cats could be living in West Berkshire after man spots 'puma' in garden

An expert from the University of Reading said it could well be the case big cats are living in the wilds of West Berkshire

cats could be living in West Berkshire after man spots 'puma' in garden

An expert from the University of Reading said it could well be the case big cats are living in the wilds of West Berkshire

Instead of asking a woman who,s expertise is house cats, why did,nt they ask dr Andrew hemming from Welsh,s video who has been gathering evidence for years and knows much more than that woman, the minute she says it's possible they were released from a private collection you know she no,s FA as its impossible for private collections to just let loose dangerous animals, depending on what answer you want, usually depends on what expert you ask, there are people in our group that have worked on projects from Montana to India, zoo,s and private collections in England and advised government body,s for years but they don't get asked because they won't give the answer that is required, it really is that simple, anyway,s I,m off for a while got a new chicken recipe ?

5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That's just not correct though, the third lobe is visible in some dog tracks. Another pointer towards it being a dog track is the alignment of the front two toes. They are side-by-side or very close to it in dog tracks.

I can't even believe you said that, a third loab does not excist on canines so could never be visible, you really do need to brush up if your going to try and discredit me as that's a very very poor answer now I really do have a date with a chicken now but I,ll leave you some homework

image.jpeg

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I can't even believe you said that, a third loab does not excist on canines so could never be visible, you really do need to brush up if your going to try and discredit me as that's a very very poor answer now I really do have a date with a chicken now but I,ll leave you some homework

image.jpeg

You must try harder Greyman......

http://www.bear-tracker.com/caninevsfeline.html

Note the part where he states the third lobe is visible in some dog tracks......

I see you had no answer for no leading toe......

Edited by Kerny92

To be fair greyman you are rather catty (pun intended) towards any criticism. Yea there piss takes on here but you're no stranger to ripping the piss on other topics. However there some legitimate questions seems you only want believers commenting on this thread. Don't see how you can keep pulling folk up for ridiculing you when you belittle anyone who doesn't agree. 

As I have said few times I don't see what you're doing is doing harm and it obviously so something you're passionate about but you should realise without any hard evidence other than sketchy pics and dubious reports there going to be a majority who don't believe a word of it.

But as I also said if ever it was proven that there is big cat's here living in the wild Raising cubs I'd be the first to say to you I was wrong.

4 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The lack of decent pictures is a flag for me. We have non native rare birds come to the uk at times and rare species that are native and bird watchers or wildlife programmes always seem to get decent pictures. Whys it not the same with big cats?

Same with me. It still baffles me that even though everyone is carrying a portable HD camera and video-recorder, with 24/7/365 internet access the anecdotal evidence should go up in proportion...

But...

I live in cat country where there are established large populations of cats and it's not as easy getting the footage as you think it should be, especially for people who only have maybe a passing interest in the matter. I know there is a large cat population on my doorstep. I live on the property line of Dixie National Forest in Utah. I can take pictures of tracks of all kinds of animals up to bear but I've still yet to capture a cat on handheld camera. Taking that to a place like the UK where there isn't a native population, and barring a handful of people across 3 countries, no one is actually looking for them I can fully understand why the smoking gun type footage isn't as forthcoming especially when cat enthusiasts are treated the same way as other crypto-fanatics.

So I'm back to "It's plausible but I'm yet to be convinced..."

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

image.jpeg

some dogs have rear pads similar to that top one, not being argumentative just saying what I've seen ?

• Like 1

if you got a clear photo/video how would you prove it was taken in the UK, you'd have to take someone and show them the place, and that would be the end of it, the world and their wife would be all over it

4 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

if you got a clear photo/video how would you prove it was taken in the UK, you'd have to take someone and show them the place, and that would be the end of it, the world and their wife would be all over it

That's the issue though. To the sceptics, there isn't any amount of evidence that will suffice in most cases. Even if it's proved beyond a shadow of a doubt this thread will just die and drop down the pages.

That's why it's an exercise in futility.

If Greyman posted everything he had I'm sure there are many who take great delight in pulling it to pieces so you reach the point where you say what's the point? I can fully understand that stance as nothing he presents will be enough for his biggest detractors.

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic