Questions I Asked Countryside Alliance Today.

There have been mistakes made way back, ( heaven knows I trawled through enough posts to see that ) but we are in the here and now.

It is of little value revisiting the past!

@ Trench I could not agree more.

@ Mushroom I am not Your enemy.

There are some I simply cannot help , nor do I wish to.

Holding grudges is a reflection on Your self.

The more foot soldiers the better, we can only seek out information and act on it, I didn't have to share the discussion in Parliament , I could have simply kept it to the members.

So to conclude unite and put the endless bickering and work together, or let it rumble on and on.

I have a pretty good team , whos opinions I value .

The more suggestions we have the more we have to work with , Join the AWL, voice those opinions, and we shall endeavour to address them all . :thumbs:

Another call to arms?

What have you actually done since the last one??

Basically you need numbers but fail to do anything to attract them!

You need publicity but fail to find it!

Perhaps it's time to stop wetting the old tussocks of grass and get a new strain of seed in?

PS that communicates with lurchermen rather than fox hunters etc??? :thumbs:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it   Why don't you fuk off you scruffy ,lurcher owning oik ,we don't want to associate with your type Yours sincerely, Double barrel chinless twat .esq

I hunted these lands as a child and as a Student I then left the Country to follow my chosen career. In the Twighlight years of my life I returned to the UK for one of my Childrens professional stud

Unity has never been a strong point when it comes to hunting with dogs in general,the red coated horse back hunting enthusiasts,the footpack followers of hounds were & never likely are to unite wi

Just to add... the word 'coursing'...

so I don't know about anyone else (obvs not you the hunting fraternity) but I actually had to look this up..... 'hunting with sighthounds.....' (who knew?)

Yet 'hare coursing' sits with 'badger baiting' in the 'unsavoury country pursuits of savage types' vocab.

You may know what it means but I'd re-brand as 'sighthound hunting' if it was me as the word is toxic, regardless of whether or not it should be.

(And I'm not endorsing it either as, while I delight in watching a running dog run with purpose, I'm not desperate to see anything be killed for no useful reason).

(And you no doubt already know this and have actual real PR was with proper plan and campaign. Just stickin my two pence in from my tiny section of gen pub).

• Like 3

Squeamish, we are far to busy with chips on our shoulder to do anything constructive like that. We would rather bicker between ourselves than construct a plan. Some people think the AwL is only for legal lurcher work ,but one of the main aims is to repeal the hunting ban. But,and there is a big but we still need to be seen as doing the right thing in front the of antis and the non hunting public which is one of the main objectives . The whole of the Lurcher community needs to come together and show the non hunting community that we are actually normal people and not what the press and most MPs portray us as. Reading between the lines from the debate from the Houses of Parliament we are walking on thin ice and it's only going to get harder and harder to work your jucklas the way we want. The more people who join the AwL or and the CA will have a voice to air their views , wether it's Hare coursing, working Fox or Deer with Lurchers OR Long dogs.keep the Faith.

Edited by Allan P
  • Like 2

Far to busy protecting what the MP,s deamed fit to give limited protection to under a Repressive selective Hunting Act. From past experience folk can see where priorities are and which areas have become become the whipping boys because of the actions of a very small number of bad apples . The word Hunting has been and is becoming more toxic as time passes basically because of a lack of confidence in grass root hunters especially working dog folk that they are genuinely being represented and not there just to make the numbers up on paper in the we are all in it together (sounds familiar) to support only certain aspects of country activities.

Edited by desertbred

so I don't know about anyone else (obvs not you the hunting fraternity) but I actually had to look this up..... 'hunting with sighthounds.....' (who knew?)

Yet 'hare coursing' sits with 'badger baiting' in the 'unsavoury country pursuits of savage types' vocab.

You may know what it means but I'd re-brand as 'sighthound hunting' if it was me as the word is toxic, regardless of whether or not it should be.

(And I'm not endorsing it either as, while I delight in watching a running dog run with purpose, I'm not desperate to see anything be killed for no useful reason).

(And you no doubt already know this and have actual real PR was with proper plan and campaign. Just stickin my two pence in from my tiny section of gen pub).

It's interesting that you suggest renaming coursing as hunting with sighthounds. As you may rightly say that the public class it along side badger baiting, yet most people have no concept of the difference between digging to badgers and badger baiting. We could call coursing "naturally selective hare management", yet the media et al would still call it coursing with hares been ripped to bits.

• Like 1

Ah look I don't know anything about anything.

I just think that if you want the dog to bring the ball back, you have to figure out a way to get the dog to want to bring the ball back. And just standing there shouting 'bring the f****n ball back' probably isn't it.

Anyway, none of my beeswax.

• Like 4

Well I do not mind what they call it but I think we have to drop the coursing word as soon as you mention the coursing word you are fecked everyone knows it drop it it is only a word Hunting with sighthounds do me fine do it

Well I do not mind what they call it but I think we have to drop the coursing word as soon as you mention the coursing word you are fecked everyone knows it drop it it is only a word Hunting with sighthounds do me fine do it

Surely with Fieldsports Britain dedicating a section to cleaning up after coursing on another thread! It is obvious we are completely and uttely fu**ed I am sorry to say!

As Allan has written, we want a full repeal of the ban , just the same as all the rest of the hunting fraternity wants, and it is my belief that it has to be restored in its entirety , before any amendments can be made ( although I stand corrected on that point ) if I am wrong.

The words Hare Coursing were used before the Hunting Act 2004 , I would like to see those words again. but I wont be holding my breathe.

Those of You who have chosen Your path, keep Your head down and craic on , It really is Your choice .

So here is a scenario

Chap calls me ,

I cannot step out my door with my lurcher, without being hounded by the wildlife officer , due to that fact of the criminal element causing bedlam in my area.

Dogs left for dead, having been run over , but not killed out right . lands and farms trashed , the police will not confront these individuals .

Me to the Chap

What would You like me to do for You to help You ?

Chap , sadly there is nothing You can do until the criminal element is dealt with , and I shall continue to keep trying to go out about my business , and mop up where I can. I just wanted to speak with You, to let You no the severity of the issues at hand.

There is much to be done for this element have brought us to our knees , and dragged the lurchers name further down into the gutter.

• Like 2

So people be they Lacs,antis or just the General public are so gullible that dropping the word coursing and calling it "hunting with sighthounds" that will solve the negative publicity being published even in hunting programmes. did they change the name of football because of a small number of football hooligans? You deal with the problems in front of you rebranding and name changing acieves what?

Edited by desertbred

So people be they Lacs,antis or just the General public are so gullible that dropping the word coursing and calling it "hunting with sighthounds" that will solve the negative publicity being published even in hunting programmes. did they change the name of football because of a small number of football hooligans? You deal with the problems in front of you rebranding and name changing acieves what?

Oh for goodness sake don't be so obtuse. I don't work in PR or Brand Management, but it's not rocket science. Ramp up your positive profile, downplay your negative profile.

Of course renaming coursing (lol see what I did there) won't change anything overnight. And maybe instead slow subtle reintroducing the word and its etymology in a positive way would be the way to go.

Whatever.

But the other day I said to one of my dog walking friends 'I'm thinking about taking him LURE-coursing' and he replied (totally aghast) 'I can't believe you'd do that!!! Ripping up hares?!?!'

It's interesting that you suggest renaming coursing as hunting with sighthounds. As you may rightly say that the public class it along side badger baiting, yet most people have no concept of the difference between digging to badgers and badger baiting. We could call coursing "naturally selective hare management", yet the media et al would still call it coursing with hares been ripped to bits.

It is all news to the media does not need to be truth as long as it is a story good or bad,

• Like 1

They don't know the difference between badger digging and badger baiting and they don't know the difference between rabbit hunting and hare coursing........and I'll tell you something for free, they don't f***ing care either ! ;)

• Like 3