Questions I Asked Countryside Alliance Today.

The packs are still running legal we can't even go into a field if the police stop you the police try and say it is hare ground not rabbit ground even if you have permission.

difference is the packs have permission to be on land , what they do their is up to them, but the likes of hare coursers nobody will give permission as its actively fought against and discouraged with threats of fines for hosting hare coursing events by the local police and PACT groups, they don't hassle famers who allow foot packs or mounted packs or threaten them with actively encouraging foot packs or mounted ones

do the police have an anti foxhunting section? they do have an anti hare coursing operation expensive though it is, as far as I know they only turn up at hunts too stop the anti's and huntsmen from clashing in any other way but verbally, to be fair they likely called in by the hunts as there are a lot of dubious sorts hanging around when the anti's turn up, and kids and people with valuable property motors horses equipment turn up to hunt and support the hunt , so it keep the undesirables at bay

thing is rich . The enemy lies within . Land drivers etc . So getting permission to act within the law (as the hunts do)is near on impossible

oh for sure my friend we both know that first hand seen the vid's we get sent daily all year long, you cant legislate for scum like that, nor can the likes of us simply stop because of them either, even when our other enemies capitalise on their poor behaviour, use it against us all, but regardless I'm not begging for scraps of anyone be it government, famers police, courts, I will do what I want to do, when I want too, and accept the consequences as long as I get my say in it at some point lol happy to pay the fines and other associated costs, life too short and theres little enough enjoyment anyhow,

Ive nothing against the AWL in fact I'm all for it, as long as money is well spent and progress is made, and we don't loose anymore than we have , I just don't think what I do is in line with what they aim at, I don't personally think now is the time to pick this fight, countries far to unstable for them to even consider this, maybe more so cos of the idiots,doing what they are, but remember for every bad coursing lad, there is a just as bad lamper, who don't do the right thing either,so its not all one way a wrong un is a wrong un,

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it   Why don't you fuk off you scruffy ,lurcher owning oik ,we don't want to associate with your type Yours sincerely, Double barrel chinless twat .esq

I hunted these lands as a child and as a Student I then left the Country to follow my chosen career. In the Twighlight years of my life I returned to the UK for one of my Childrens professional stud

Unity has never been a strong point when it comes to hunting with dogs in general,the red coated horse back hunting enthusiasts,the footpack followers of hounds were & never likely are to unite wi

There have been mistakes made way back, ( heaven knows I trawled through enough posts to see that ) but we are in the here and now.

It is of little value revisiting the past!

@ Trench I could not agree more.

@ Mushroom I am not Your enemy.

There are some I simply cannot help , nor do I wish to.

Holding grudges is a reflection on Your self.

The more foot soldiers the better, we can only seek out information and act on it, I didn't have to share the discussion in Parliament , I could have simply kept it to the members.

So to conclude unite and put the endless bickering and work together, or let it rumble on and on.

I have a pretty good team , whos opinions I value .

The more suggestions we have the more we have to work with , Join the AWL, voice those opinions, and we shall endeavour to address them all . :thumbs:

Yes I think we should stick together and voice all our opinions stronger together people love us all separated that is why they win together is stronger there is hundreds of thousands of us together we have a voice separated we are weak and no one will listen.

There have been mistakes made way back, ( heaven knows I trawled through enough posts to see that ) but we are in the here and now.

It is of little value revisiting the past!

@ Trench I could not agree more.

@ Mushroom I am not Your enemy.

There are some I simply cannot help , nor do I wish to.

Holding grudges is a reflection on Your self.

The more foot soldiers the better, we can only seek out information and act on it, I didn't have to share the discussion in Parliament , I could have simply kept it to the members.

So to conclude unite and put the endless bickering and work together, or let it rumble on and on.

I have a pretty good team , whos opinions I value .

The more suggestions we have the more we have to work with , Join the AWL, voice those opinions, and we shall endeavour to address them all . :thumbs:

fair play too you and I do admire your cause and fully understand it too, wish you the best of luck, your single minded and defend your corner well, thick skinned everything you will need to be to walk head long into this, the likes of myself all I can do is when caught , don't act like the other lot do and handle it as I always have done, it works for me most days and keeps me going despite all the clouds gathering, its all about change and adapt, if we where seen in a more positive light or I thought I could be useful too your cause I would put my hand up and help, sadly I'm not in a position, although I do enjoy all the things your looking to protect, every bit as much as I do with coursing etc

as we all know them loopholes was left so that certain types could carry on regardless, them clever enough to exploit them do just that and they not all the intended recipient's of said loopholes

Edited by arcticgun

No doubt some one will correct me if I am wrong. Some twelve years ago when the Hunting with Dogs Act was brought into the Arena and using various loopholes and dodges as well as a wartime legislation were used to get it introduced and ratified .It was suggested that those who had fallen foul of this unbalanced legislation bide their time and wait for a change of Government from the Blair regime to a Conservative Government .Well that time came and is still here part of the Government pledge was to allow an open vote on the Repeal of the said Act. Cameron did make an attempt to bring the vote in the Parliament and following the back stabbing Sturgeons backpeddling on not voting on English laws She in collusion with various tree huggers and labour Antis managed to force Cameron to withdraw the intended vote becauseof the likelyhood of defeat on the vote to Repeal. How ever the vote was put on a back burner with the pledge to bring it back at a more appropriate time. Events like Brexit have now all but consigned the vote to the garbage pail as the story now being aired is that priorities like the two years to negotiate the Exit from the EU and no doubt several more years to acxtually implement the actual exit it will be several decades if ever this pledge for the Repeal vote will be honoured if it is at all. If the Repeal or ammendments bill is to ever see the light of day it needs to be sooner than later as apathy and inactivity as with a cancer gets stronger as time elapses and makes it all the harder to treat and if left untreated then there is only one ultimate outcome.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

It's never going to be repealed, so everyone dry your eyes and get over it.

Now you have a clear choice, takes your chances or pack it in......it really is as simple as that.

What part of the CA etc are not f***ing interested because they want nothing to do with you does no one understand?

strange but true wilf :yes:

I cant believe you havnt joined yet. You wont see any court cases being fought for lurcher people until they are members,but somehow its easier not to spend a few quid and just be negative. You can pay monthly and they have a offer atm for new members which costs less than a fiver a month or putting it another way.. two very cheap pints!! If you want to be heard then join in or carry on grumbling like old farts from the sidelines. I would love to have seen the CA tested on here when we have had people picked on by the RSPCA like the lad who we had the auction for whos terrier was returned in pieces in a bag. if that lad or others we have seen had been a member of CA we wound of seen there true colours as far as ordinary lads with lurchers and terriers go,but still you just carry on putting up your negative barriers and coming up with reasons why not to join. You must like being losers and on the losing side because when it comes down to it they are our only chance. If we are members in number we have a say if only because we are worth a few quid to them in subs,but otherwise why would they bother?

The losers are folk like yourself afrraid to stand up for what is right why the f**k should folk contribute to an organisation that even you yourself say are not interested you are short in the grey maytter department. I was taught as a kid if you believe in something be prepared to fight for it, not be prepared to let others carry the burden for you if your not prepared to yourself.

what have you done so far in the great fight?

Not just ask others what they have done simple as that

so apart from not asking others (not sure how thats a virtue) what if anything have you done to fight the cause?

Probably a lot more than you but do not feel the need to broadcast it .. More to the point why would I feel the need to discuss or account for my actions and activities to you?

Thought as much..all talk..or keyboard..spreader of despondency,or would be if anyone listened..

It's always fascinated me this mystical brotherhood of lurcher owners.......its like a decent traffic copper, you hear the odd story that they exist but nobody has ever f***ing met one !

Even if it did exist, I personally would still want f**k all to do with it.

• Like 2

It's always fascinated me this mystical brotherhood of lurcher owners.......its like a decent traffic copper, you hear the odd story that they exist but nobody has ever f***ing met one !

Even if it did exist, I personally would still want f**k all to do with it.

After f**k knows how many pages on here I've came to the conclusion that we as running dog enthusiasts are all a bunch of c**ts who couldn't agree whether it will get dark tonight let alone be unified in something on a far bigger scale..I must admit to have being one who just done my own thing in the past like Wilf & Arctic have said..At the end of the day we can all unite & try to right what's wrong & highly likely fail,do nothing which means inevitably failure or you can make a success of running your pooches,i don't need to tell you how to do that & if i do you really shouldn't be in this game.."it's better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep" ?

• Like 7

I think hunting fishing etc is by nature a solitary thing, sure you will meet one or two like minded individuals that you may have the occasional trip out but that's about it.......solitary types are by nature.....well, solitary !

• Like 2

The Lurcherman walks alone,...facts are, ..we are alone,...always have been,. maybe if we cannot find a way forwards,...we always will be.... :yes:

_MG_7633.jpg

This post hits it squarely on the head for me, the poacher and his dog have never been welcome, even pre ban lol he just goes and takes and if he wants to continue doing so , which we know he does , then he has to walk unnoticed, then there's rarely any problem at all if ever, same with the sporting poacher, go too any lengths to sneak that run on the land he desires to run on, run and gone..,,,,,, if confronted its a surprise to both parties, apologies should be made followed by a hasty exit, after of course asking for permission lol

Then comes the modern tech net take on it, has too show it off, has too take along a mate, followed by a gang of mates, then comes the videos too prove to the whole world what? same with regards too poaching for sport in daytime, easy trail of ready prepared evidence for anyone who wants or seeks too put an end too it, making easy targets for anti's, farmers wanting more protection, MP's wanting too please there richer constituents , police bosses looking for easy crimes to detect, courts looking for easy fine revenue, the middle class having someone too look down upon and point the finger at,

Its a shame them that's legal have to suffer fearing they will loose what they love to do, but why don't the farmers they pest control for stand up for them? they provide and invaluable service on many estates , saving keepers hours to spend more time on birds environment as the pests controlled for free, yet when do you ever here a landowner or keeper speaking up for the legal lurcher workers? the contribute too the overall enjoyment in the countryside and the economy of it, surely these land owners etc appreciate that contribution, and should be encouraged to speak up on behalf of the countless ones that help out, same on arable farms , lurchers must save thousands of pounds worth of crops being munched,( maybe the poacher deserves a pat too cos he had his share and some lol)

Back to the proper poacher and courser who go about it as best they can, head down and away first sign or smell of trouble, he suffers just as much for his sport, its not nice people looking at you like your some kind of savage just cos you own a saluki lurcher, or that your a drug dealer, theif, scum, you can see them reaching for their phones should you be seen in rural area, having guns pointed at you, or surrounded by jeeps and threatened, spoken to by the police like your the lowest of the low, guilt always assumed all the way, regardless of evidence etc, yet a lot of us pay taxes , never steal nothing, walk away if and when confronted, except charges and fines etc and pay them too, look after our dogs , respect the land etc

Me? Ive no choice I took on them dogs, promised them the life they was bred for , they done more for me than anyone else, so I'm going too give them that life, they don't deserve any less, why should they cease to have the purpose they have been bred for centuries for? is it there fault the worlds changed? my passion strong, but there's is stronger, I cannot and will not stop,

all this current media stuff at minute will pass, just as the interest the field drivers and video merchants etc they will move onto summat else, a bomb will go off somewhere in the world, famine, earthquake, etc and focus will all change onto summat else at the end of the day you still gotta get the dogs out for a walk lol

thank the lord for accidents and loopholes and farmers landowners kind enough too appreciate us, more so the ones that see poachers and let em off, most us mean no harm we would much prefer too not exsist

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 2

I enjoy solitude when working the hounds , what I dont appreciate is when others focus attention on my chosen activities and try to tell me what I can hunt and when and where I can do it.Then want to portray certain activities in a negative light .