Don't bother with Barbados , over rated and I found a lot of the locals carry a serious chip on there shoulder ..friends just back from Mexico they raved about it and already booking for next year ..

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't agree more ive been to loads of them and discover different beauty every time i go......cant beat them for climate,culture and food.   Wouldnt catch me in a Carribean island theres darkies

cheap cocaine

I was on holiday in Corfu last year. Sitting in a quiet bar overlooking a small harbour, I got chatting to some well heeled brits. They said the greek islands were pretty much identical to the Caribbe

5 nights in Havana then another 5 nights in somewhere like varedaro or suchlike.

Havana is a great city!

Matt

I ve been thinking about Havana but have been put off by stories of persistent/aggressive beggars. Did you find that a problem?

5 nights in Havana then another 5 nights in somewhere like varedaro or suchlike.

Havana is a great city!

Matt

I ve been thinking about Havana but have been put off by stories of persistent/aggressive beggars. Did you find that a problem?
There's the usual folk trying to flog you tours and horse rides but over all the people were great.

No means no and they get it.

As the one guy told us "there's 13million people in Cuba.....6millionare police"

I personally loved it but if you're used to Luxury then forget it. A beautiful if decaying place full of interesting folk!

Matt

Well me and ah lass was going to go carribean just the 2 of us but now she has decided she wants to take baby with us (my mother was going to have him if we went carribean) so booked gran canaria playa del ingles.. anyone been? Going in January

What has the caribbean and Mexico got that the greek islands doesn't. Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

Couldn't agree more ive been to loads of them and discover different beauty every time i go......cant beat them for climate,culture and food.

Wouldnt catch me in a Carribean island theres darkies living there you know !

• Like 3

I second Antigua - been about 6 - 7 times, although not since 2010. It has less rain than most of the others, a small population and lots of great beaches. What time of year are planning to go?

Edit - just seen you're not going now!