Bull Whippets

They all look to bulky for their little legs, how are they at running? I can't see why you would choose a Whippet/Bull over a Greyhound/Bull.

If running is on the agenda,with any real purpose,then the infusion of Bull is a wasted exercise, unless its diluted to an extent that makes the Bull a lesser ingredient to the recipe.

It's all about adding the ingredients until you find the perfect recipe.

• Like 1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wexford dog . owner very happy with him. 14 months. Lamping rabbits and although hes being held back till hes older he found himself a bit of trouble and went well. Owner has high hopes from what

Posted Images

They all look to bulky for their little legs, how are they at running? I can't see why you would choose a Whippet/Bull over a Greyhound/Bull.

If running is on the agenda,with any real purpose,then the infusion of Bull is a wasted exercise, unless its diluted to an extent that makes the Bull a lesser ingredient to the recipe.

You can season a stew with as much salt and pepper as you like and its still a stew.

You can season a stew with as much salt and pepper as you like and its still a stew.

I fecking love stew, that ain't a bad thing.

• Like 4

A proper big bull x is a lot to handle if he is a proper game dog , some people have no need for that size and gameness, in all honesty you don't need a big bull x for fox it's just to much, that's the reason I am going down the route of properly breed bull whippets , 21" or 22" and properly bred dogs will do for foxes, you kept the gameness of the pit but downsize them a bit which makes them just as game at a fraction of the size, in my eyes a perfectly suitable fox dog.

• Like 2

over a season out 2 nights a week lamping fox's and a day or 2 out doing covers with teagles for fox.that's where the size and power of the bull greyhound comes in to its own and you will need it if your serious about foxing. As for handling them train them as a pup should have no problem.I like the idea of the bull/whippets good game little dogs.but they won't keep up with bull/greys over a season.

• Like 1

We have a pack of teckels and lamp , what I've seen so far is the bull whip is more than capable, I've tried big bull x and had dogs doing all game, good honest animals but you don't need a 28" bull cross to kill a fox , I've seen 21" lurchers doing good numbers season after season , I've seen collie hounds out last bull x's , the big bull x's bring to much attention and quite honestly most of the time there a sick extention of the dick holding the lead. I've had good animals as I said but I will never keep a big bull x again but that's my personal choice , different dogs for different needs.

• Like 1

Heard all the stories of these small lurchers killing fox season after season when in reality they took about 10 single in a good season.and pick and chose there strike and when they meet a good strong dog fox keep droping.or double up most the time.hope these little dogs work out for you.

Heard all the stories of these small lurchers killing fox season after season when in reality they took about 10 single in a good season.and pick and chose there strike and when they meet a good strong dog fox keep droping.or double up most the time.hope these little dogs work out for you.

I've heard the same stories pal, the difference is the breeding, most lads have put any pit to any whippet, I've seen many great bull x's and I've seen many great small dogs , both equally good on a good number of foxes , each have the positives and negatives , Everyone has their own view on the perfect lurcher, horses for courses and what not.

• Like 3

I've heard the same stories pal, the difference is the breeding, most lads have put any pit to any whippet, I've seen many great bull x's and I've seen many great small dogs , both equally good on a good number of foxes , each have the positives and negatives , Everyone has their own view on the perfect lurcher, horses for courses and what not.
the bull/whippet thing was done over here years ago from good stuff both sides and it didn't last long as they were found wanting, to small to slow with no finish equals rubbish..
  • Like 2