Bull Whippets

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wexford dog . owner very happy with him. 14 months. Lamping rabbits and although hes being held back till hes older he found himself a bit of trouble and went well. Owner has high hopes from what

Posted Images

Bull greyhound tend to be big dogs tho want something a bit smaller but with the same capabilites lol maybe a bull x greyhound with a bit of whippet to bring the size down a we bit ye i do More than just rabbit my dad's got a 1st cross bull whippet Which takes all quarry game dog brilliant all rounder[/qu

Edited by blackmaggie

Which would be more practical for all round field work. A frist x, or a 3\4 x. Or is it down to personal choice. Interested in hearing others thoughts on it.

Atb j

It depends on the dog , I've seen my first cross let a 3/4 dog sitting , really depends on the individual pal

For me its the frist x. That's just personal choice, but for me it has that added bit of punch, which I like. Which is the main reason I have one. I work very small tight fields here, so speed or long coursing is not really needed.

As sully said it really depends on the individual at the end of the day.

Atb j.

• Like 1

I wasn't putting them down mate..Always liked the look of yours..Just I would want the whippit to show fro skittle more for me..But that's me..We all like something different..It's not a bad thing..

Again..A fine animal..

• Like 1

For me its the frist x. That's just personal choice, but for me it has that added bit of punch, which I like. Which is the main reason I have one. I work very small tight fields here, so speed or long coursing is not really needed.

As sully said it really depends on the individual at the end of the day.

Atb j.

Surly with working small feilds mate.. Speed has a big part of it.i like them all tbh ..

and a 1x bull x whippet will get up to them no prob , its take off speed you want for small fields , my 2 dogs catch quiet well , on small fields , and if my big dog pick rabbit up easy , deff a 1x bull x whippet can . plus you get better wind with a 1x . it would be my 1st choice 1x bull x whippet as knock about little dog/companion , something for the future :thumbs: , i like pits and whippets , had both :thumbs:

• Like 1

Would it be the same daytime though ray..With the lamp we have the advantage..Day time they do..Take of speed is very important to me.befor you no it they have hit the hedge..Good terrier and a nice whip x for rabbits birds and the odd something else is spot on..

Talking the day time moocher that is..The faster the better.rabbit thin on the ground..Your lucky the dog sees them before the hit cover..A good nose.speed and aliitle cunning is what's needed and the bull whippit has this..No doubt..Always said the bull offers more that strength and jaw..But for me 1/4 anoth

To be honest tb25, I have a pure whippet for the rabbits. She had an unbelievable take off speed for the rabbits in the small fields. I have the bull\whip for foxex mainly, and rabbits. Hr hopefully will have no problems with them.

Atb, j