[BANNED TEXT] guys bit of advise needed , council wanted to put yellow lines on my street to stop people parking near the turning area , i think a grumpy old man who lives on top of the street requested this , I opposed due to parking is tight at the bottom where I live and some times when you have family friends etc over they can park there and it's a total waste of council money and a opportunity for parking wardens to earn money. Now I made a petition opposing the yellow lines and got neighbours to sign , I got about 5 signature and there's about 11 houses in total on the street . I now have recived a reply from council that they will be holding a meeting on the 25th of this month I'm worried I'm going to be the only one there rejecting the yellow lines , now what happens if this is the case does majority win etc and should I get hold of a solicitor ?

The best legal advice I can give you, is don't take legal advice from anyone on here you,ll end up getting hung, most solicitors will give you a free 30 min session and tell you if you have a case or not, if your on the jam role look up your local family law centre, good luck

• Like 11

This is a meeting not a court, there will be no decision made but this may influence the final decision.

Prepare evidence as though it were a trial, appear very organised and professional, have as much documentation as you can. This could include reasons that you do not want the yellow lines, plus supporting signatures are good. If you can get neighbours to write a short statement then even better. If this is just because of one grumpy old man, then five or six people on your side should be enough. The people in your street who haven't signed, it is worth asking them again and trying to get them to add their names.

• Like 1

[bANNED TEXT] guys bit of advise needed , council wanted to put yellow lines on my street to stop people parking near the turning area , i think a grumpy old man who lives on top of the street requested this , I opposed due to parking is tight at the bottom where I live and some times when you have family friends etc over they can park there and it's a total waste of council money and a opportunity for parking wardens to earn money. Now I made a petition opposing the yellow lines and got neighbours to sign , I got about 5 signature and there's about 11 houses in total on the street . I now have recived a reply from council that they will be holding a meeting on the 25th of this month I'm worried I'm going to be the only one there rejecting the yellow lines , now what happens if this is the case does majority win etc and should I get hold of a solicitor ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/right-to-challenge-yellow-lines-and-unfair-parking-charges

read that pal, ATB Del.

• Like 1

This is a meeting not a court, there will be no decision made but this may influence the final decision.

Prepare evidence as though it were a trial, appear very organised and professional, have as much documentation as you can. This could include reasons that you do not want the yellow lines, plus supporting signatures are good. If you can get neighbours to write a short statement then even better. If this is just because of one grumpy old man, then five or six people on your side should be enough. The people in your street who haven't signed, it is worth asking them again and trying to get them to add their names.

Or yellow lines providing residents can have permits.....that would be win win

• Like 1

[bANNED TEXT] guys bit of advise needed , council wanted to put yellow lines on my street to stop people parking near the turning area , i think a grumpy old man who lives on top of the street requested this , I opposed due to parking is tight at the bottom where I live and some times when you have family friends etc over they can park there and it's a total waste of council money and a opportunity for parking wardens to earn money. Now I made a petition opposing the yellow lines and got neighbours to sign , I got about 5 signature and there's about 11 houses in total on the street . I now have recived a reply from council that they will be holding a meeting on the 25th of this month I'm worried I'm going to be the only one there rejecting the yellow lines , now what happens if this is the case does majority win etc and should I get hold of a solicitor ?

there is nothing worse than people who park In the turning points they do it in my street right pain in the arse

The council asked us all if we wanted no ball games on the square outside our houses, now I'm all for kids playing outside instead of being stuck inside so said no thanks and everybody else except two miserable arses said the same. Next thing you know a sign appears against the majorities wishes, the strange,thing is the signs kept dissapearing and eventually the council gave up, maybe its haunted or something!

• Like 2

You dont need legal advise yet fella. Just general. Drum up support for the opposition and do some googling to find a similar case that went in favour of opposition. Shouldnt be hard as councils make records public and maintain for minimum 7 years (i think). Last knockings is go to local rag and tell em what the council is spending money on when other more important things to fund. Nice pic of you on 7th page with your petition next thing you be on look north!

never ask for any sort of legal advice on any forum that would stand any chance if it ended up in court but to stand any chance in this sort if situation its your local councilers you need to go to first (and when you find out they are either powerless or just plain f***ing useless don`t vote for them again

As said you need proper advice and a lot more details is it a threw street where dustcarts and fire engines need access and agress ?. then health and safety kicks in could cost a few bob if you get involved