Oul War Medals..worth Anything.

are oul war medals making any money,we were in an oul abondoned farm the day out hunting..just haveing a rummage about as you do.ole cogger who used to live there must have done a bit,old biscuit tin full of medals,ioads of old framed pics battle scenes,old pics of soldiers n that..just left them there was wondering are they any good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The right thing to do would be to track down his family and hand them all over to them .......

Socks is right, I've always wondered when you see these auction programmes and some student sells off his great grandads medals for a measly £50, what's going on in their head, it's only money, in the

Surely taking something that isn't yours to take is basically theft .. folks get all hot under the collar if a dog is stolen so I don't see it as any different to that..

Socks is right, I've always wondered when you see these auction programmes and some student sells off his great grandads medals for a measly £50, what's going on in their head, it's only money, in them medals is history. Do the right thing and if you can't track them down either find out what each medals for and keep them for yourself or give them to a war museum.

• Like 3

Couldn't sell my grandads, they will get passed down to my eldest son, assuming if the old fella had family they would have took pride and wanted them ,and emptied the farmhouse when he passed on,right thing would be to donate to museum or similar then if they sold them its their responsibility, I would worry about some fake veteran buying them to scam.

Couldn't sell my grandads, they will get passed down to my eldest son, assuming if the old fella had family they would have took pride and wanted them ,and emptied the farmhouse when he passed on,right thing would be to donate to museum or similar then if they sold them its their responsibility, I would worry about some fake veteran buying them to scam.

why.. how could you scan with a few oul medals fs

Just try and find out if the old fella had family, they might be decent people and be grateful

Surely taking something that isn't yours to take is basically theft .. folks get all hot under the collar if a dog is stolen so I don't see it as any different to that..

• Like 2

yep it would be classed as theft by finding was in court once and a man was on for taking a tv from a skip turned out he had three months pmsl

there's been instances of old men getting medals from junk shops then a charity can ,put sticker on front then stand in street,pretending to collect for ww2 veterans,and using them to befriend old woman an then running of with their savings.