The One Show

Is there anyway they can tell if you have a tv licence these days? Why the hell are we paying the BBC? makes my piss boil because we are told we must have one, to pay these c**ts wages

They can tell if you have one or not but they have to take your word for it if you say you don't need one.

Cancel the payments and go here and fill out the declaration and they won't bother you again.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've messaged Tim boner of the CA ... I'm not holding my breath as he is to busy defending the fox hunting fraternity ......

Everyone stopped buying a licence,they wouldn't have the funds to show Antihunting programs.

When his farm was plagued with rats, Clunes' attitude was a little different.....  

Is there anyway they can tell if you have a tv licence these days? Why the hell are we paying the BBC? makes my piss boil because we are told we must have one, to pay these c**ts wages

They can tell if you have one or not but they have to take your word for it if you say you don't need one.

Cancel the payments and go here and fill out the declaration and they won't bother you again.https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

Well not strictly true they will try an frighten you into buying one by saying they are investigating you blah blah ,we get a letter every 4 months or so,just rip them up put them in bin.
  • Like 1

Cancel the payments and go here and fill out the declaration and they won't bother you again.https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

Well not strictly true they will try an frighten you into buying one by saying they are investigating you blah blah ,we get a letter every 4 months or so,just rip them up put them in bin.

Oh is that what those letters say? I've never opened them :laugh:

• Like 1

The CA and AWL do nothing, there web sites make no mention and make no perceivable effort to redress the continuous bad publicity that is ever tainting lurcher work. Once again the only experts are being supplied by the ARSPA. If we had a decent representative group the BBC etc would look to them to answer in these types of cases which would allow a rebuttal and explanation that not all are complete twits.

Look at this lot, http://www.galgoes.com/theyre had a massive amount of bad publicity and in answer broadened there appeal. They hold shows, which bring in the show crowd. They offer registration in which owners can get their dogs registered as a type and having been kept in decent nick etc proving their commitment to promoting health and decent conditions for the dogs. They hold lure coursing, real coursing and organise public protest when appropriate. When Galgos get a mention on the TV they get questioned and so a chance to offer a balanced case. By broadening their footprint they make it harder to tar all with the same brush and so allow them to distance the majority from the few stupid individuals.

We need to bring in all aspects of lurchers, racing, showing pets to expand our numeral footprint and thereby gain the right to speak for the sport. We need a federation that starts to put itself out there with statements to the press etc about these types of cases that go on to promote good lurcher ownership. I did my bit to try to change the status quo and got nothing but abuse so feel justified in now chastising those that held on to their power with promises to change but have since done nothing to change!

Feel better now............

well said, we need a true lurcher organisation for the love of them

If you don't want to pay a to license then send a letter "removing the implied right to access" and use the name "the present occupier"

Don't ever give them your name, if they have your name they can start legal proceedings. It's all based on fear by the enforcement officer, don't fall for it.

• Like 2

If you don't want to pay a to license then send a letter "removing the implied right to access" and use the name "the present occupier"

Don't ever give them your name, if they have your name they can start legal proceedings. It's all based on fear by the enforcement officer, don't fall for it.

That's right also the people knocking the door are on commission so don't sign any paperwork they shove at you, just tell them you don't wish to buy anything and shut the door.

They can't do sod all legally if they can't support their belief that you are breaking the law. I haven't had a TV license for about 4 years. They send letters that get more threatening in tone until they give up and then put you at the bottom of the list again sending cautionary letters. I've never seen an official at my door. Of course I don't watch live TV or i-player so I don't need one. All my TV is streamed legally. The future is streaming anyway.

I believe the official figures are about 200'000 people a year are prosecuted for not having a TV license. f**k knows how! The threat of these 'detection vans' is horse shit, they have never used evidence from one of these vans in any conviction. I imagine most people convict themselves.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Their old ads used to really ramp up the fear.

Who remembers the fella in the back of the detector van ? "The TV is in the front room, and they're watching Columbo !"

Was it in black and white?

No, all Columbo episodes were filmed in colour!

Anorak. :laugh: