Caught Poaching Stories

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me but a friend lol .. Right on some big fields looking for a run when he noticed on the road the police waiting for him. So never one for giving up walks in the direction of a wood . Going throug

This goes back to the early 80s me and a mate were lamping some land near to where we lived, quite familiar to us. About one in the morning we were shining the lamp across the field when my mate said

used to net for years mate,salmo (as whin would say)and sea trout,had a lot of fish,not even had a chase and sometimes i had a net out a couple of times a week,its how i bought my dog,airguns,and shot

Posted Images

In all seriousness what do you say if you were caught on someone land

Maybe something along the lines of "sorry you caught me I'll be on my way" and maybe the offer of a share of your catch and help in the future whenever that may be. I gained two very large permissions that way ;)

i swore to secrecy on my main get out of jail trick,but im going to spill it.i take a padlock and chain with me,or i got one of them bike ones,slip it around field gate,key in pocket.in ya go,if you get caught i come up a load of spill about having a key from a guy with sporting rights etc,sure enough my key opens the gate.?

• Like 6

Got cought on lowther estates 1992 .got a small fine and slapped arse.got chased down by a keeper in the lakes 1994.stopped our van and he kindly smacked my windscreen with a pick axe shaft.we had to drive home like ace venturer.head out of window.had a few hair raising chases over the years.thank f**k I don't mess about that much now

• Like 2

Out coursing one day down in Wainfleet

I was out with two Pakistanis (really good dog men)it was nearing the end of our day and we were heading back to the motor, we were about a mile away when we spotted the police parked up behind us,they had obviously seen us and were watching us.

It took us 15/20 mins walking across heavy land to reach the motor / police.The officer asked me if i had permission i said " yes ive paid a farm worker 100.00p for a days sport"

He then spoke to the Pakistani pair , i couldnt believe my ears they both started talking in Pakistani to him,and pretended they couldnt speak a word of English.

The officer then asked me if i knew them i said " NO THEY ARENT WITH ME "

The officer says " you have just walked with dogs for an hour around with them and you say you dont know them"

I said " NO IVE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE TODAY,THEY HAVE JUST BEEN FOLLOWING ME,"

The copper says clear of very impolitely , where upon i get in the motor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the two Asian lads also jump in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we laughed all the way home.

• Like 6

Yep. Bang to rights. 15 Salmon on a cracking beat . Some twat saw our lights which by the way we're on the river plates and decided to call the old bill. The nuggets got us hemmed in and into Lauder Nick we went. When the keeper arrived I. Shit bricks, big bad b*****d. Long and short, the water was owned by the local sherif who just happened to be on court duty.Needless to say, at the time, biggest fine in Scotland per fish and a good kicking.jok

• Like 4