Boxing Day Hunt ?

I always attend my local meet, holderness hunt, if it does not interfere with my shooting or ferreting, but what annoys me is the looks i get from the mounted gentry? When they see me there with my lurchers, i wonder if they would turn out for us lurcher lads, if we had a special day in the calendar. I think not.

Why do you feel the need to take your lurchers to a hunt meet?
  • Like 1

I always attend my local meet, holderness hunt, if it does not interfere with my shooting or ferreting, but what annoys me is the looks i get from the mounted gentry? When they see me there with my lurchers, i wonder if they would turn out for us lurcher lads, if we had a special day in the calendar. I think not.

Why the hell shouldnt i, its called freedom of choice.

• Like 1

Why the hell shouldnt i, its called freedom of choice.

i take mine,why not.?it's better with you out walking that sat at home.

• Like 1

It's a day out for lots of people where I'm from everyone meets up and takes the dogs for a walk from the meet to the pub I do agree some those mounted folk are up there ass but not all of them there plenty of people who follow the hunt who run lurchers and dig terriers I only bother for the walk to the pub After the meet I didn't even see a horse or a hound but followed the route the supposedly took I think you'll find it's more for public show rather than actually hunting they will be out today for a serious meet where there isn't as many public eyes on them I found them last year the day after hunting properly when I was out ferreting with more hounds and less riders the Boxing Day thing seems to be more riders less hounds

• Like 3

to show thw mounted packs that they are getting support from all those who hunt, likewise hopefully shows them that were better off sticking as one

• Like 5

to show thw mounted packs that they are getting support from all those who hunt, likewise hopefully shows them that were better off sticking as one

not only that but if they see you and a well behaved dog regular they turn a blind eye if your off the footpath.

not only that but if they see you and a well behaved dog regular they turn a blind eye if your off the footpath.
lol of course they do.Terriers and lurcher were a massive part of my life for many years and I used to occasion go out and follow the local hunt but never felt the need to drag my dogs along especially not on boxing day.

lol of course they do.Terriers and lurcher were a massive part of my life for many years and I used to occasion go out and follow the local hunt but never felt the need to drag my dogs along especially not on boxing day.

you wouldn't believe what my MFH lets me get away with and he's never given me permission.he know from seeing me about that his livestock's safe and all gates are closed and now were on first name terms.if i never took my dogs,i wouldn't see em that day so they got to come and they enjoy being out.

Guy on sky news this morning was babbling on about 200,000 people went foxhunting on boxing day,he failed to say they were drag hunts and just babbled on about blood sports,f***ing idiot.

I seen him . . "I don't understand why people want to go hunting" . . And that you fukcin weapon is why you imput is worthless , you stated the obvious YOU DONT UNDERSTAND . . I was shouting at the Tele :) :)