Really British Shop..........

"Buy Chinese" would be more accurate for this shop I reckon.

But is selling items that relate to Britain?

"Buy British" means buying goods manufactured in Britain, it doesn't mean buying Chinese made tat with Union Flags plastered all over it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder is there any point in any of it anymore, lets face it we haven't just lost our way we've come off the road and gone down a ditch.

"Like many people I live in London because of its international nature, and for me personally having a big sign on the Broadway saying 'Really British' makes me feel you're implying that other local b

The owner stated that the goods were all designed in Britain, but some are made abroad for cost reasons........but, for me, that isn't the issue.     What angered me was that he has had his shop at

"Buy British" means buying goods manufactured in Britain, it doesn't mean buying Chinese made tat with Union Flags plastered all over it.
I think the shop was called really British not buy british

I was replying to this.

Said it for a few years now the slogan Buy British will eventually become racist

Reading comprehension is hard, eh? :(

I only watched two minutes of it but he was showing products MADE in Britain...crafts and produce....but so what if a few tacky products are made in China? Trading with the rest of the world is a good thing....it's about how sick it is we are giving those complaining any airtime at all.

A shop called " REALLY BRITISH " selling British paraphernalia has upset local residents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i bet the complainants are more local too Romania , Pakistan , Poland , Lithuania , Afghanistan , Bulgaria , Eritrea , China , ect , ect , ect , ect , ect ,

The shop should actually be called " REALLY ENGLISH " selling English paraphernalia.

I was replying to this.

Said it for a few years now the slogan Buy British will eventually become racist

Yes I'm struggling why would you call a shop selling items relating to Britain buy chinese? Maybe I'm right tho and it's you who's struggling as I don't think jacknife stated the chap ever mentioned buy british in his shop was simply stating an opinion on the term buy British
You sure are a confused wee lad aren't you. I never said anything about naming the shop Buy Chinese :blink: Edited by BGD

I was replying to this.

Yes I'm struggling why would you call a shop selling items relating to Britain buy chinese? Maybe I'm right tho and it's you who's struggling as I don't think jacknife stated the chap ever mentioned buy british in his shop was simply stating an opinion on the term buy British
You sure are a confused wee lad aren't you. I never said anything about naming the shop Buy Chinese :blink:
lawl.

Mr never wrong, keep puffing that chronic hopefully you completely lose mental capacity in 2017 and are no longer able to log on in to the forum.

No need to be embarrassed pal we all get confused sometimes :thumbs: Don't beat yourself up over it eh

The owner stated that the goods were all designed in Britain, but some are made abroad for cost reasons........but, for me, that isn't the issue.

What angered me was that he has had his shop attacked several times, been verbally abused and had stock smashed.....by white, English speaking people !

If a shop owned by a Pole or a Pakistani were subjected to such treatment, the police and media would be all over it like a rash !

Are such people so absolutely ashamed of their heritage that not only are they denying it, but want others to be denied it, and would be happier if it were wiped away completely ?

• Like 3

charlie174, london, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

As a proud remainer who resides in north London I was upset by this shop as was my life partner and our adopted gender neutral children . It is sad to see such cultural insensitivity in such a vibrant area.

At first I thought this comment was obviously a joke,but I'm actually not sure now.

As a proud remainer who resides in north London I was upset by this shop as was my life partner and our adopted gender neutral children . It is sad to see such cultural insensitivity in such a vibrant area.

At first I thought this comment was obviously a joke,but I'm actually not sure now.

bet it's Russell brand.

Gender neutral? It has to be a joke, either way, it's funny as fcuk! Haha...

I sometimes use a 'british' supermarket in Belgium, maybe I'm not integrating enough?

Rely on mine for Lockets, wine gums & suet for me dumplings.

For me it's white/black pudding (boudin noir is shite here), cheddar cheese & music mags.........& the occasional baxters soup :-)