Happy Thanksgiving

Marshman & Francie

Thank you.

Plucky

I know Thanksgiving isn't celebrated there but thank you for the well wishes.

And everyone else, we all have much to be thankful for, even with our everyday hardships. The fact that you are on here reading this whether you agree or not,is evidence that you are blessed, even though you may not think so.

Always be thankful for what you have because the value of it will be realized when it's gone.

Rewind a bit mate .If you know we don't celebrate thanksgiving then why wish us a good one !.Its like me wishing you a happy St Swithens day ,means nothing to you .

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If someone wishes me and my family well I like to think I'm an old fashioned man that bids folk blessings back, wether it be thanksgiving St Patrick's day or Yom Kippur lol

Marshman & Francie Thank you. Plucky I know Thanksgiving isn't celebrated there but thank you for the well wishes.   And everyone else, we all have much to be thankful for, even with our

Even if ye did recognise it in the UK ye wouldn't celebrate it in case it offended some minority. Do ye even stop for Saint George ?

Marshman & Francie

Thank you.

Plucky

And everyone else, we all have much to be thankful for, even with our everyday hardships. The fact that you are on here reading this whether you agree or not,is evidence that you are blessed, even though you may not think so.

Always be thankful for what you have because the value of it will be realized when it's gone.

Rewind a bit mate .If you know we don't celebrate thanksgiving then why wish us a good one !.Its like me wishing you a happy St swithens day ,means nothing to you .

Ye don't even celebrate St Withins day yourselves FD.

It must be a British thing to not nationally celebrate certain days. Within small communities in Britain it seems ye will celebrate local feasts but as a nation it's like you don't want to nationaly (except Guy Faulks, but lets be honest, thats a commercial thing) be seen to celebrate anything.

Look at us Irish and how we celebrate our national Saint (who was born in France) in big style and he also celebrated all over the world, including Britain.

Fair play to the yanks and the few days the're proud to be proud off.

• Like 2

Marshman & Francie

Thank you.

Plucky

Rewind a bit mate .If you know we don't celebrate thanksgiving then why wish us a good one !.Its like me wishing you a happy St swithens day ,means nothing to you .

Ye don't even celebrate St Withins day yourselves FD.

It must be a British thing to not nationally celebrate certain days. Within small communities in Britain it seems ye will celebrate local feasts but as a nation it's like you don't want to nationaly (except Guy Faulks, but lets be honest, thats a commercial thing) be seen to celebrate anything.

Look at us Irish and how we celebrate our national Saint (who was born in France) in big style and he also celebrated all over the world, including Britain.

Fair play to the yanks and the few days the're proud to be proud off.

lolol, look up here in the north, a Dutch King is celebrated, King William , I think it's just any excuse by the Irish for a party lol
  • Like 1

Marshman & Francie

Thank you.

Plucky

That's a great post pal, we should all take a step back now and then to remember how lucky we are.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :thumbs:

BGD

Thank you

Foxdropper

No rewind necessary. I'm sure there are a few here besides yourself that do celebrate even if a minority. If you don't have anything to be thankful for, I'd say you need to have another look around you. I hope you realize you do.so be safe and enjoy what you have my friend.

Edited by uru
  • Like 1

I think it does pay every now and again to take a step back and be thankful for what we have these days. I despise a lot about the country I live in, or rather the people who have mis-managed it for a long time. I'm mixed race in a way from a family of English coal miners and Irish immigrants. The pitmen had a hard life but the Irish side had an even harder one. Of the first who came to the mainland that carried my family name things didn't go well. The mother ended her days in a poor house in Glasgow and was buried in a pauper's grave. Fast forward a relatively few generations and a nephew of mine is in his second year at the Royal Veterinary College. A massive improvement in quality of life and opportunities compared to his forefathers. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...he terrifies the opposition when he plays for his college football team and has only one word on the back of his shirt, GEORDIE !

• Like 2

Marshman & Francie

Thank you.

Plucky

That's a great post pal, we should all take a step back now and then to remember how lucky we are.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :thumbs:

BGD

Thank you

Foxdropper

No rewind necessary. I'm sure there are a few here besides yourself that do celebrate even if a minority. If you don't have anything to be thankful for, I'd say you need to have another look around you. I hope you realize you do.so be safe and enjoy what you have my friend.

I've everything to be thankful for mate but thanksgiving ain't one of them lol.I've been in your country at this time of year and yes the mood was great and I see what your celebrating but as it was just another day here I thought it was a pointless post .I get what your saying about how lucky we are and I've seen enough of those who arnt to appreciate every day as it comes .Have a good Xmas mate and great new year .Hope your Yom Kippor is a good in too .
  • Like 1

Personally for me Christmas is a religious celebration and being a nonbeliever , to celebrate it would make me a hypocrite.

I celebrate a birthday , and I wish people health and happiness twelve months of the year not just December.

My first post was an attempt at wit Uru ...no harm meant.

And as you say in the states "have a nice day yawl"

• Like 1

Kind word's Uru does no harm to anybody ondon't celebrate.the crooked.

howdeeposxxt

Thank you. I figured if folks didn't agree no problem.

But what seems does pointless was to make the effort to reply that I am wrong rather than just ignore it if you dont celebrate.

Oh well.I only wanted to wish a Good day to the folks here that realized my intent and that we all have things to be thankful for.time to feast.:)

• Like 1