Whippet Section Needed, Whos With Me ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea.   Maybe the section could close November to March when it's too cold for whippets and reopen in the spring ?

In all seriousness...there is some lovely gear out there for them...... 

Posted Images

I enjoy the banter as much as the next man, but it's not about hiding from the haters. I'm sure you've noticed its very hard to get a sensible conversation or debate going without the haters taking over the topic and bringing it down to a level where people arnt bothered posting anymore.

• Like 5

I enjoy the banter as much as the next man, but it's not about hiding from the haters. I'm sure you've noticed its very hard to get a sensible conversation or debate going without the haters taking over the topic and bringing it down to a level where people arnt bothered posting anymore.

That's the same with almost everything lately it always seems to end up with a young boy that's read a few books in there council house waiting for there dole check thinking they know it all and ruining the thread offering people out and saying how much money they have

• Like 4

That's the same with almost everything lately it always seems to end up with a young boy that's read a few books in there council house waiting for there dole check thinking they know it all and ruining the thread offering people out and saying how much money they have

Lol whats a council house got to do with anything

• Like 1

And what? Is there gonna be bouncers on the section? To stop folk commenting, fook what everybody else says or thinks. I genuinley think its daft idea, but so is owning a whippet haha

bouncers would be the wrong word. Bouncers usually deal with people that genuinely want to throw down with someone. I don't know who you would need to deal with with "men" that throw insults from behind a keyboard. Not sure if you are pretending not to be able to grasp the point of the idea or not on purpose . But if you do understand, you are entitled to your opinion.

Couple a goderators is whats needed, obviously i see the point, but what next when the coursing lads wanna section to themselves, or maybe the bullx guys will want there's? .

Couple a goderators is whats needed, obviously i see the point, but what next when the coursing lads wanna section to themselves, or maybe the bullx guys will want there's? .

I'm sure ye do get the point katchum. Apologies.. I toolk the bait

You whippet lads already have your own section.....this one!!

It's called Lurcher and sighthound discussion, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a whippet a sighthound.

I suppose you're right johnny, but it would be good if whippet owners could post pics etc and tell people of their days/nights out without half this site calling them liars, and ridiculing their whippets.

People could call 75% of the bull x owners on this site liars etc, but what does that do apart from piss people off, start arguments and discourage people from posting?!

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but it certainly does seem that whippet owners get more flack on this site than anyone else when it comes to working their dogs.

And not everyone needs, or even wants a dog capable of doing two or three 3 - 4 minute courses a day 4 days a week through the season, or a dog capable of taking 2, 3 or more foxes per night a couple of times a week either, or even a dog with a hide and skin like a rhino for crashing into thick bramble etc. Yes whippets aren't as well coated etc as some types, but it doesn't stop them crashing into that cover after whatever they're chasing. And I've seen alot of whippets enter that sort of cover on several occasions when other types aint so keen at all.

But I suppose that when choosing to enter a debate on a forum, it's a pretty good idea to develope a thick skin lol.

This isn't aimed directly at you, just generally lol. I think a whippet section is a great idea :thumbs:

• Like 4