Fresh Turkey Price.

Each to there own but We always have a nice rib of beef can't stand turkey... You could get a quality 4 rib for 100 quid... We just get a 2 rib joint just for me and the Mrs for around the 50 quid mark it's real easy to cook 40 minutes plus 20 minutes resting... Last year's lump IMG_20151225_135008_zpseyeghlmp.jpg

i brought 4.4kg of 30 day hung rib of beef.boned and rolled last week....dog had it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a beautiful 2 rib roast on Friday .....  

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol     Nice dry aged cut from the butcher! Hope I can do same as above!!

Bloody lovely it was! A little bit of a fatty cut IMO I normally go for leaner meats.   Try to stay fit and trim so not sure if it's something I'd have regularly just because of that. Deffo be havi

i ran down the stairs to go lamping,lamp over my shoulder when she came running up to me and i relised she looked like a barrel.looked to where the beef was for sunday dinner and saw only scraps in the conservatory.couldn't go lamping and had to get another joint of beef.not the first time and won't be the last.

i ran down the stairs to go lamping,lamp over my shoulder when she came running up to me and i relised she looked like a barrel.looked to where the beef was for sunday dinner and saw only scraps in the conservatory.couldn't go lamping and had to get another joint of beef.not the first time and won't be the last.

That the missus or the dog?

That the missus or the dog?
lol

Where do you buy such good beef ?

I've just looked up a butchers near by that does dry aged meet but don't show what they have online!

Do you just ask for a 2 rib joint ? Think I've gotta try that coit de bouef

Turkey sounds expensive over there, I love middle section of turkey wings (cheap here) marinated with chilli, garlic, salt and pepper grilled and make a gravy with the juices. YUM! A few neat bourbons and I am a happy chap. That beef looks sensational kanny and I like your end grain chopping board too.

• Like 1

Where do you buy such good beef ?

I've just looked up a butchers near by that does dry aged meet but don't show what they have online!

Do you just ask for a 2 rib joint ? Think I've gotta try that coit de bouef

Waitrose :thumbs:

We go to a little restaurant in San javier called el senoria

The coit de boufe is simply called ox chop its cooked on a grill

Best thing I've ever eaten the bone looks like a Bombay shite hawk has been on it when I'm done

It comes as a per person dish you don't need much with it 29th November the next ones going in

Back on the turkey theme

Not sure what they go for but I've got 500+ to dress for a local farmer

He puts his casualties ( bit of a tear or a bruise) in to penkridge market they go for a lot less money

They might be worth a look

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol

6F535776-8ECB-423D-A090-F37551084D9C_zps

Nice dry aged cut from the butcher! Hope I can do same as above!!

Looks bloody lovely! How much it cost and what weight is it?

Just slightly under 1.5kg (bone in) was approx £20! Not sure if it's good or bad! I also had just over 700g or dry aged rump for £13 approx. (Was £33.50 for both lots)

I've got a butcher I know down Bristol fruit market does me 5KG chicken breast for £20 and loads of cheap steak and pork steaks but the quality of the steak ain't the same to the good stuff I've had in some places.

Guess it depends if you want cheap protein or whether you want to pay extra and go for quality. A lot of people these days want the biggest most massive meal they can for as cheap as possible! People rant about those all you can eat for £10 type places but I think they're total crap. Junk food for idiots who just want to stuff their faces.

• Like 2

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol 6F535776-8ECB-423D-A090-F37551084D9C_zps

Nice dry aged cut from the butcher! Hope I can do same as above!!

Looks bloody lovely! How much it cost and what weight is it?

Just slightly under 1.5kg (bone in) was approx £20! Not sure if it's good or bad! I also had just over 700g or dry aged rump for £13 approx. (Was £33.50 for both lots)

I've got a butcher I know down Bristol fruit market does me 5KG chicken breast for £20 and loads of cheap steak and pork steaks but the quality of the steak ain't the same to the good stuff I've had in some places.

Guess it depends if you want cheap protein or whether you want to pay extra and go for quality. A lot of people these days want the biggest most massive meal they can for as cheap as possible! People rant about those all you can eat for £10 type places but I think they're total crap. Junk food for idiots who just want to stuff their faces.

Tottaly agree with you.

I was caught out 1 day in the market by that butcher with a microphone on his head.the twat tucked me right up.

This bag for £10 and this for that much.he wouldnt shut up.

I spent £20 i might aswell of thrown the £20 out the car window.

Meat was terrible.the dogs didnt mind it though.

• Like 1