Kennel Coats

looking for a site that sells jackets for the kennel,I remember seeing it a while back but cant find it..Was at the greyhound track last night but they are all too large,could you lads put up a link to where coats for lurchers can be found thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I derive great pleasure in looking after my wee Mouchers ... I like to see them warm and comfortable,...I spoil them something rotten... Obviously,..nowadays,..they are mostly pets,...but, there

Greyhound megastore, greyhound superstore? Use Lawsons animal feeds, can't do links.

i rug both of mine up.....much to the amusements of the lads i hunt with lol   i see a difference in the dog   atb

Posted Images

get heat lamps, far better , they will give better heat, and take the chill out of the kennel, a coat wont . ive 2 heat lamps one in each kennel , not put them on yet, as my dogs have natural good coats Bryn 1x collie x grey , Buck 1x gsd x grey . will put them on (lamps) when it drops more colder :yes:

block walls and perspex roofs,havent the spare change right now to insulate 4 kennells ,coats are cheaper.Heat lamps are the right job but I will stick coats on em for the moment...thanks everyone

Edited by jigsaw

Tube heaters that the lads use for growing lol-22watt cost pennies to buy and run.warmer and cheaper than a tidy coat imo.they have a thermastat you set to kick in when temp drop's. Atb dc

yeah,i will see if their available in local electrical shops,placed under the raised floor of the sleeping box would be right?

block walls and perspex roofs,havent the spare change right now to insulate 4 kennells ,coats are cheaper.Heat lamps are the right job but I will stick coats on em for the moment...thanks everyone

I've the sleeping area ceilings done with 2 inch thick aeroboard,when you open the doors to the sleeping areas you can feel the heat inside,walls are block on edge and box profile roof and the ceiling is the only insulation.the sheets 8x4 are very cheap at builders providers.

Tube heaters that the lads use for growing lol-22watt cost pennies to buy and run.warmer and cheaper than a tidy coat imo.they have a thermastat you set to kick in when temp drop's. Atb dc

yeah,i will see if their available in local electrical shops,placed under the raised floor of the sleeping box would be right?
or screwed up inside the kennel a few inches with a mesh cage to stop them chewing them. Atb dc

I like the sound of them DC. Are they a job for an electrician or could anyone put them in? I put lighting into my kennels over the summer which was pretty straight forward but I'd imagine for heating I'd need different wiring?

Just need a plug socket :thumbs:

• Like 1