Shit On By The Country He Served

The question Id like to know did anyway ask in his court case ect isn't how was the "terrorist" was killed by the soldier but how many lives was saved by killing him . . Think in these circumstances that is the important question where the British courts / public should of been concerned with .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all very well shouting about the Geneva convention and the rules of combat etc ... but these rules were written by men in offices wearing smart suites and clean shirts ... the reality is that nob

yep if I get caught digging somewhere I shouldn't and get done then them the rules and there's nothing I can or you can do about it...when you know you're breaking the rules and you get caught there's

Once the rat who downloaded the footage made it accessible ,there wasn't much option but to go through the courts ,justice has to be seen to be done and all that ,hopefully the man is looked after whe

Its why we vilafied the SS and japs for killing pows etc.

Guess they are trying to add some moral rules in a war... which i have always found bizzare.

Yea protect civillians thats a given. Even though we all know they do become victims. But as socks said whitehall and other goverment bodies deciding whats moraly acceptable in a war zone is ludicrous. Surely the moral issue side of things is with the individual soldier and taking someones life rightly or wrongly is something he alone has to live with.

Im not saying give them carte blanche to murder rape and pillage like the f***ing russians do. However your asking them to go to war for you@ least give them some f***ing credit to make decisions for themselfs.

Just my opinion ive never served in the army but its common sense to me.

You don't think the British raped women in WW2 either?

Im sure there may have been isolated cases. Although i have watched endless hours and read many books on ww2 and i cant think of any allegations of that nature against the british.

However the red army were gang raping women and children throughout germany. Berlin the main one.Even in front of there parents and children. The river spree was floating with dead bodies of women who drowned themselfs and thier kids rather than be raped by the red army. Read the book "rape of berlin".

The women of the red army weren't much better. Mutilating the genitals of german men.

They were still doing it in the occupied sector well after the war was over. In fact it was the start of the allies realising maybe not such a good idea being allies. The cold war started soon after.

Im sure there may have been isolated cases. Although i have watched endless hours and read many books on ww2 and i cant think of any allegations of that nature against the british.

However the red army were gang raping women and children throughout germany. Berlin the main one.Even in front of there parents and children. The river spree was floating with dead bodies of women who drowned themselfs and thier kids rather than be raped by the red army. Read the book "rape of berlin".

The women of the red army weren't much better. Mutilating the genitals of german men.

They were still doing it in the occupied sector well after the war was over. In fact it was the start of the allies realising maybe not such a good idea being allies. The cold war started soon after.

I know we became allies with the Ruskies by default but they were just as bad as the Germans. I'd have much rather us made peace with the Germans and let nature take it's course on the eastern front....

Eastern Europe didn't exactly thrive post war.

I know we became allies with the Ruskies by default but they were just as bad as the Germans. I'd have much rather us made peace with the Germans and let nature take it's course on the eastern front....

Even if you believe in all the post war demonising of the Germans,they weren't nearly as bad as the Soviets.

The highly dubious claims about gas chambers,shrunken heads and electrocution floors don't come near to the Holodomor,and German soldiers who raped civilians and got caught were sent to punishment battalions or even executed,whereas the Soviets were all but instructed to carry out mass rapes.

Even if you believe in all the post war demonising of the Germans,they weren't nearly as bad as the Soviets.

The highly dubious claims about gas chambers,shrunken heads and electrocution floors don't come near to the Holodomor,and German soldiers who raped civilians and got caught were sent to punishment battalions or even executed,whereas the Soviets were all but instructed to carry out mass rapes.

Who said anything about the Germans? I was pointing out that the Germans and the Russians weren't the only ones committing atrocities. Edited by DogFox123

I used to deny the Holocaust (despise that term btw) with a passion. I have since changed my view. Yes there was certainly gas used in the disposal of Russian's poles and jews.

However no where near on the scale or the big eleborate chambers they like to band about. If the use of gas chambers were so efficient in the mass holocaust. Why were none ever found by liberated camps by the allies.

Only soviet liberated camps came out with the horror stories of gas chambers and chairs made out of jews pelvises and shrunken heads etc.oh and those stories came out a long time after the war.

yes the SS were f***ing brutal and were guilty of orchestrating and carrying out horrendous acts only a fool would say otherwise,but the Russian's were guilty of equally horrendous acts and in some cases far worse. Even 20years after the war

You also need to realise the mass shootings in the east carried out by the Einsatzgruppen death squads were mostly made up by volunteers from eastern countries occupied by the German's. Lithuania were up to thier necks in it.

granted they were encouraged and armed by the SS.

The germans reaped what they sowed and they knew they were going to catch serious flak for thier actions. Hence why a lot of SS shot themselfs on the spot! But whether you think the german people were guilty of complaceny or not they did not deserve the actions dished out to them by the red army. Well thats my humble opinion anyway.

• Like 1

I find it laughable that you call claims of the gas chambers highly dubious.

I used to deny the Holocaust (despise that term btw) with a passion. I have since changed my view. Yes there was certainly gas used in the disposal of Russian's poles and jews.

However no where near on the scale or the big eleborate chambers they like to band about. If the use of gas chambers were so efficient in the mass holocaust. Why were none ever found by liberated camps by the allies.

Only soviet liberated camps came out with the horror stories of gas chambers and chairs made out of jews pelvises and shrunken heads etc.oh and those stories came out a long time after the war.

yes the SS were f***ing brutal and were guilty of orchestrating and carrying out horrendous acts only a fool would say otherwise,but the Russian's were guilty of equally horrendous acts and in some cases far worse. Even 20years after the war

You also need to realise the mass shootings in the east carried out by the Einsatzgruppen death squads were mostly made up by volunteers from eastern countries occupied by the German's. Lithuania were up to thier necks in it.

granted they were encouraged and armed by the SS.

The germans reaped what they sowed and they knew they were going to catch serious flak for thier actions. Hence why a lot of SS shot themselfs on the spot! But whether you think the german people were guilty of complaceny or not they did not deserve the actions dished out to them by the red army. Well thats my humble opinion anyway.

Who are you and what have you done with the Scothunter that used to be on here? Impostor!

LOL LOL :D:thumbs:

• Like 5

8 years seems a reasonable sentence for what he did. They were sitting around, weren't taking fire and it seemed like he killed the guy just for the notch on his belt. That his comrades kept, downloaded and shared the video is damming of them all and gives and idea of their mindset.

If you go into a foreign country that hasn't attacked yours and are there to kill the locals you should know you'll be held accountable.

That the Taliban are back in control says it all.

Bitter Lake on iPlayer is worth a watch. All for nothing, I feel very sorry for the people killed on injured out there, but if you went around killing people outside ROE then a reasonable sentence seems just. Operating outside of the rules makes you a terrorist.

• Like 1

8 years seems a reasonable sentence for what he did. They were sitting around, weren't taking fire and it seemed like he killed the guy just for the notch on his belt. That his comrades kept, downloaded and shared the video is damming of them all and gives and idea of their mindset.

If you go into a foreign country that hasn't attacked yours and are there to kill the locals you should know you'll be held accountable.

That the Taliban are back in control says it all.

Bitter Lake on iPlayer is worth a watch. All for nothing, I feel very sorry for the people killed on injured out there, but if you went around killing people outside ROE then a reasonable sentence seems just. Operating outside of the rules makes you a terrorist.

Your inference of their mindset is based on the assumption that they filmed and passed around the footage for their own pleasure. How do you know that? You have no idea.

Eight years may seem reasonable to you for murder but to many the circumstances of such a deployment are extremely mitigating. If indeed killing an enemy combatant seriously wounded by an anti tank canon round is even morally murder.

For most the argument isn't one of doing away with the laws of war and RoEs, it's about re-calibrating what they are and not what the politicians tell the public they are so as to sanitise modern military interventions to more easily gain public backing for them.

I'll brush over the point you made about the Taliban not provoking the invasion with 911 for the sake of avoiding the argument of conspiracies and prior foreign policies that contributed.

Finally, breaking the laws of war does not make you a terrorist. A terrorist is someone that uses violence to further political objectives. It makes you a war criminal. And it's that which many of us dispute.

• Like 3

the old saying aplied with the brits and ruskis

" the enemy of the enemy is my friend!!.".

the old saying aplied with the brits and ruskis

" the enemy of the enemy is my friend!!.".

Doesn't make sense to me though, I know who's side I'd rather be on.